cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive phone calls/voicemails on new activation

jerboa88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I received my sim card for Public Mobile last week and filled out the form to transfer my number from prepaid PC Mobile (Bell) using my device's serial number. My number showed up on my new phone the next day and I can now send/receive texts, phone others, and use my data on the new card.

The only thing that doesn't work is receiving calls. When other people call me it gives them a message that I have not set up my mailbox, and they have the option to leave a message. I have set up my voicemail already and when I access it it says there are no messages, even if other people leave a message.

I thought this may be because my number wasn't ported correctly but I wouldn't know anything about that. I received a message shortly after I filled out the number transfer form that said "Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us nad complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks."

Is this a standard message or does it mean the serial number was not enough to port my number? Or is it possible I need to do something more to set up my mailbox? Any help is appreciated.

John,
10 REPLIES 10

Muldersarah28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my son phone cant get the code to restied his accoun tot the login in and i have talk to mode and this mary is rude

jerboa88

The moderators replied this morning but before I had a chance to send the required information again I got a text saying my transfer was successful. I'm not sure if it just took a while or if the mods helped but it's working now anyway Smiley Happy

Thanks for the help guys!

@LEGO wrote:

@jerboa88 wrote:

I was under the impression that the reason ports were different for PC mobile/Koodo customers is because they are already on the Telus network. I used the form because I was using a prepaid plan, which actually uses the Bell network.

FYI, we have just discussed today about which ports, from which mobile carriers, requires Moderator_Team intervention and @SD08 beautifully summarized everything in one post.

IIRC, there is a little note about this in the activation page about certain ports requiring moderator assistance.  Anyway, we won't have to worry about PC mobile post paid much longer.  It is going to be integrated with Koodo. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jerboa88 wrote:

I was under the impression that the reason ports were different for PC mobile/Koodo customers is because they are already on the Telus network. I used the form because I was using a prepaid plan, which actually uses the Bell network.

FYI, we have just discussed today about which ports, from which mobile carriers, requires Moderator_Team intervention and @SD08 beautifully summarized everything in one post.

@jerboa88 wrote:

my number wasn't ported correctly but I wouldn't know anything about that. I received a message shortly after I filled out the number transfer form that said "Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us nad complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks."

Is this a standard message or does it mean the serial number was not enough to port my number? Or is it possible I need to do something more to set up my mailbox? Any help is appreciated.

This is a standard form letter message that Public Mobile sends when a porting request has outright failed.  It just happens to provide incorrect information, because there is no form that you can fill out to correct this problem.  The only way to fix a problem like this is to contact  Moderator_Team to resubmit your request.  I would be sure to get your PC Mobile account number, especially since an attempt using IMEI has already failed.  In my opinion, customers should always be usuing account number as number porting verification, unless it is absolutely impossible to do that or very difficult to get that information (example: the old carrier not co-operating when you ask for it). 

@jerboa88 wrote:

Thanks @LEGO (and everyone else). I have contacted the moderator team already so I'll just have to wait for a reply.

It's been days since I ported Smiley LOL

If it is Bell to Public Mobile, you should be fine doing it on your own.  Often when a port fails you won't be able to receive text or calls.  In more rare circumstances, just one of the features may have issues.  The way customers can confirm port completion is to use the old service while the port is onging.  Once the old service stops working, that indicates the port has completed.  Now that the moderator team has been contacted, it is a matter of waiting for their feedback. 

jerboa88

Thanks @LEGO (and everyone else). I have contacted the moderator team already so I'll just have to wait for a reply.

It's been days since I ported Smiley LOL

LEGO

@jerboa88 The reason for this message "Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks." is that Public Mobile use the same system has PC Mobile and Koodo prepaid, any ports coming from them cannot be completed through the Self-Serve portal or activation form, it has to be done directly by Moderator_Team.

It is always better to continue to use your old provider until service stop working, then you know that transfer was completed and you can swap your SIM cards.

If it has been 3 hours (for mobile number) since you ported, the port is either still in the process of being completed or is stuck. Landline / VoIP numbers might take up to 10 days to port over. You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will check provisioning on your account!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

You will receive a response within an hour, if you are lucky OR it might take up to 48 hours, if your luck is run out! Woman Wink

SIM-phony
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'd contact the Moderator Team, unless anyone else can solve it for you here. Here's how.

Need assistance with your account, activation, or service?

• You'll need to contact the Community Moderator Team to get assistance with your account. Oracles and Users cannot access account information; do not send them any private information on yourself or your account/s.
  • The Community Moderator Team are Public Mobile support employees who can assist with your issue/s. Only they can access account information.
  • For more detailed information, read the knowledge article.
  • For your convenience, here's a link to send them a private message.
  • Here's how to read and reply to private messages.

In your private message please include the following:

• Your Public Mobile phone number.
  • Your 4 digit PIN; if you don't know yours look below.
  • Your account’s e-mail address.
  • A detailed explanation of your issue/s.

Don't know your PIN? Provide any three of the following:

• Your complete mailing address.
  • Your e-mail address.
  • An alternate phone number associated with your account.
  • Your date of birth.
  • The last top up date & amount.

When will they get back to you?:

• Support hours are in EDT and run Mon-Fri 9AM to 9PM, and Sat-Sun from 9AM to 7:30PM. Outside of these hours they will not be responding to private messages, and will be queued for the next day. So don't worry, they will get to you.
  • Messages are responded to in the order in which they are received, which can affect response time depending on queue length.
  • Usual response time varies between 1-3 hours, but can take up to 48 hours.
  • Please do not send multiple separate private messages, as it slows down support.

MacMe

You can try the following steps:

-Go into your phone's settings and under Cellular Settings, manually choose Public Mobile as your Network operator

-Reboot your phone

-Power off your phone and remove your SIM.  Re-insert and power on.

If that doesn't work, you can send a private message to a Moderator_Team and ask them to look at your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.