cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive phone calls or text messages

yiruwang946321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After switching from Virgin, the PM employees told me my phone number would be set in a few hours. It's now been 2 weeks and I can send phone calls and text messages, but not receive any. I went back to the PM booth and they told me I had to go reactivate my phone number at Virgin, so they could transfer it back. The Virgin Mobile employee then told me my phone has been active the whole time (transfer hadn't even been performed initially?). So I went back to the PM employees and they told me it's now activated. 4 hours later, I still can't received text messages but can send them.

Any clue how to make my phone transfer work?

15 REPLIES 15

@Anonymous 

Huh? I think I need an emoji to understand your statement?😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : darlicious had already given that user some feedback in other threads that the user copied the same thing to. I guess she didn't think it too necessary to post-count-pad all over those same threads.

@computergeek541 thank you ^^

@albertyu wrote:

I have had this exact issue happen to me yesterday and after looking all over the forums this is what fixed it:

1. Message MOD team or submit a ticket using message bubble bottom right and let them know about your service is able to make outbound calls/text but not received inbound calls/text

2. Ask them to "refreshed the network" for you, and wait for a bit (~1hr) and you should be able to receive calls now.

3. If it still doesn't work try to insert your SIM into another phone and trying receiving a call again from another device. 

Let me know this helps :). Public Mobile should really look into getting this fixed.

"Refreshing the network" or trying the SIM card in another device does not fix a failed number port.  Please go through the contents of each thread before pasting the same message into old threads about unrelated issues.

albertyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had this exact issue happen to me yesterday and after looking all over the forums this is what fixed it:

1. Message MOD team or submit a ticket using message bubble bottom right and let them know about your service is able to make outbound calls/text but not received inbound calls/text

2. Ask them to "refreshed the network" for you, and wait for a bit (~1hr) and you should be able to receive calls now.

3. If it still doesn't work try to insert your SIM into another phone and trying receiving a call again from another device. 

Let me know this helps :). Public Mobile should really look into getting this fixed.

@Genga  You should have asked your own question to get a better response. What happens after the message does your call go thru? What if you put a 1 in front of the number? Or do you have no calling at all? When you check your account does it say active. Does your calling feature show in your my plan section? Try rebooting your phone. You may have to click on reactivate and then reboot. If your payment went thru and these dont work. Then try reporting your phone lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 5min. Log in. Report phone found. Log out and reboot. Has this worked.

@GengaPublic Mobile is the lowest tier of the Telus coporations as such technical support is DIY.

First log into your selfserve account online to check if your account is active. If not add money to it. (autopay fails from time to time).

If your account is active but your phone is still not working try the tricks listed here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Genga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I made the regular payment to my phone plan with no text and unlimited calls. 

My phone calls isn’t working, it says long distance add on needed for local calls. 

I was told to contact you guys, as I didnt get no assistance. 

Please help! 

Thanks 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@yiruwang946321  If it's been two weeks then the port is stuck. Call the number that was provided by other members and they will check the port and let you know what the issue is. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yiruwang946321 

Login to your self-serve account.

Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your Virgin number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

Now, you are waiting for your Virgin to release you number to PM. Not until your Virgin releases your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  If you Virgin SIM card is still active, continue to use it until it stops working which indicates that Virgin had release your number.  Start using your PM SIM.  Make sure to restart phone after inserted the PM SIM card.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@yiruwang946321 , you refer to Public Mobile employee???  There is no live person with Public Mobile that you can talk to.  This is an online service.  The retail partners that sell the service are not Public Mobile employees.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@yiruwang946321  check for correct Virgin account number. Does Virgin service still work?  Wait a couple more hours and contact Public Mobile moderators again if it doesn't start working.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@yiruwang946321Use the phone number listed here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

They handle all the porting issues for companies that are under the Telus umbrella.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@yiruwang946321 

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  

It looks like that your port is stuck.  You should contact moderator to help finish the port.  Click the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  

Need Help? Let's chat.