cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can't receive phone calls or receive and send text messages

I can make phone calls, but I cannot receive or send text messages. I also cannot receive phone calls. However, I can send and receive text messages with people who have a public mobile account. I cannot receive phone calls from people with public mobile.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't receive phone calls or receive and send text messages

Did you just port your number over from another company? Sounds like the case from what you described.

If so, your port may have failed or is stuck. Contact the port team to see if they can help you. 

1-844-232-7678

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus the credit will be applied to your account within 72 hours.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@aad24241 wrote:

I can make phone calls, but I cannot receive or send text messages. I also cannot receive phone calls. However, I can send and receive text messages with people who have a public mobile account. I cannot receive phone calls from people with public mobile.

Are you a new customer? Did you just port your number over from another carrier?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Did you just port your number over from another company? Sounds like the case from what you described.

If so, your port may have failed or is stuck. Contact the port team to see if they can help you. 

1-844-232-7678

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus the credit will be applied to your account within 72 hours.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Try shutting down your phone and then restart it.

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@aad24241 

I can understand your frustration with this. Can you try some of these suggestions:
iPhone steps:
Put your phone into airplane mode for 10 seconds then back to normal mode. Also, turn off your phone for about 10 seconds then back on.

Your iMessage settings might be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To check if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive.

If you don't see your phone number, you can link your iPhone number to your Apple ID so you can send and receive iMessage’s from your phone number.

Android steps:
Go to settings of your mobile and tap on apps.
Make sure all apps filter is selected. then, scroll down and find the messaging app, it will be called messaging.

After that, tap on storage then you must wait as the data will be calculated.
Lastly, tap on clear data and then tap on clear cache.

You can also try removing the SIM card then inserting it again. If all else fails, you can ask a mod for help:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I'm a new customer and yes I just transferred from another carrier

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is my advice to any newbies. I learned this info the hard way when I became a customer in 2019. Please read this advice carefully. It's full of my experience and I am sharing my findings to assist you in getting help to get up and running, fully. Please use my experience to better your experince with PM. It WILL be worth your patience. It was for me.

MY ADVICE:

Public Mobile Assistance Method.

If you have registered with Public Mobile as a customer, there may be times when you will need assistance with a problem/issue.

Normally problems are solved with Public Mobile (PM) through their member forum site. This is a knowledge base, compiled by members, of issues they have encountered and solved. The forum is called “Community”. To use this feature, you will have to sign up to Public Mobile “Community”. (Please read and follow these points as closely as possible)  Click on Community and create an account. Username / password, etc., to be a member of the Community. The Community account is a separate and totally different account than your Phone Account. You will need to create this 2nd account.

Normally, most problems can be solved through the Community forum. Occasionally, you will have an issue you can’t solve this way. It is then that you can use a feature to reach out to a “Moderator” who will solve your problem. A Moderator is an actual Techy Guy at the other end.  Bear in mind, this can sometimes take up to 48 hours to get results, but my experience was much quicker. Be patient.

To engage the Moderator, sign in to your “Community” account. Then look in the top right corner of the first screen to find a small envelope symbol. Click on the envelope. On the next page, you will see a box marked “New Message”. Click it.  An email page will open for you to address your problem. The email MUST be addressed to “Moderator_Team” in the Send To line.  (don’t forget or miss the underscore).

Within the email, be sure to include your PM phone account number, your PM phone number, and the 4 digit PIN that you created in the PM phone account when you signed up for phone service. Then, describe in detail what the problem is, and what you expect that they will do to correct the issue. For example, “My Sim card is not activating and connecting to my phone account. I cannot make calls nor receive calls at all. No connection being made.”

Give as much detail as possible to make the Moderator’s job easier. Submit the email and then be patient for a response. Help will come! You will enjoy PM after a few bumps in the road...Enjoy.

Need Help? Let's chat.