cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can't receive one-time code from CIBC

I tried many times to register for Interac e-Transfer on CIBC app but never received the one-time verification code with both of SMS or Call. Public mobile can't receive texts from CIBC?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Can't receive one-time code from CIBC

@Ryuji wrote:

I tried many times to register for Interac e-Transfer on CIBC app but never received the one-time verification code with both of SMS or Call. Public mobile can't receive texts from CIBC?

Are you using a brand new phone number or did you request one to be ported in? If you have requested a phone number to be transfered in, I would suggest putting your old carrier's phone back into the phone to see if that text message was sent there.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Ryuji wrote:

@Ryuji If you ported your number in from another provider and the port is complete it can take up to 48 hours for 2FA to start working.

Highlighted

I activated my SIM a month ago and I didn't port my number. I can text with friends but not receive anything from CIBC.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ryuji I think it has something to do with the type of message  sms. Try @Luddite 's solution in another post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/No-longer-receiving-SMS-messages/m-p/...

If this doesn't work, contact a moderator.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  ( CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Ryuji wrote:

I activated my SIM a month ago and I didn't port my number. I can text with friends but not receive anything from CIBC.

Highlighted

@Ryuji wrote:

Is your new number a different area code?   I had a similar problem a while back with TD Waterhouse.  TD's 2FA wouldn't send to my 825 area code number which was a newer Alberta one at the time.  Had to raise a ticket with TD and they fixed it on their end.

Highlighted

It says it called and for me to enter the code that was sent but my phone doesn’t ring

i have used this landline for years without a problem until a couple weeks ago.the bank says it’s a problem with my phone provider and the phone provider says it’s on the banks side

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ivy1 

Could you make it a new topic so others can see 

Highlighted

Having the same problem