cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive one-time code from CIBC

Ryuji
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried many times to register for Interac e-Transfer on CIBC app but never received the one-time verification code with both of SMS or Call. Public mobile can't receive texts from CIBC?

9 REPLIES 9

Citpes36

I had switched from Fido to Rodgers and got a new device.  I couldn't receive any verification codes from CIBC. In order to solve, cut on data and disconnect Wi-Fi.  Log into your CIBC account and go to security & settings, then account security. Then go to get push verification codes to your device. Then you need to select your present device and register it. Then you can cut off data and back to Wi-Fi.  Your problem should be solved.

Jessh_50

Having the same problem

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ivy1 

Could you make it a new topic so others can see 

Ivy1

It says it called and for me to enter the code that was sent but my phone doesn’t ring

i have used this landline for years without a problem until a couple weeks ago.the bank says it’s a problem with my phone provider and the phone provider says it’s on the banks side

techedoff

@Ryuji wrote:

I activated my SIM a month ago and I didn't port my number. I can text with friends but not receive anything from CIBC.

Is your new number a different area code?   I had a similar problem a while back with TD Waterhouse.  TD's 2FA wouldn't send to my 825 area code number which was a newer Alberta one at the time.  Had to raise a ticket with TD and they fixed it on their end.

@Ryuji I think it has something to do with the type of message  sms. Try @Luddite 's solution in another post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/No-longer-receiving-SMS-messages/m-p/...

If this doesn't work, contact a moderator.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  ( CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Ryuji wrote:

I activated my SIM a month ago and I didn't port my number. I can text with friends but not receive anything from CIBC.

Ryuji

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ryuji wrote:

I tried many times to register for Interac e-Transfer on CIBC app but never received the one-time verification code with both of SMS or Call. Public mobile can't receive texts from CIBC?

@Ryuji If you ported your number in from another provider and the port is complete it can take up to 48 hours for 2FA to start working.

@Ryuji wrote:

Are you using a brand new phone number or did you request one to be ported in? If you have requested a phone number to be transfered in, I would suggest putting your old carrier's phone back into the phone to see if that text message was sent there.

Need Help? Let's chat.