cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive incoming calls

NeoX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I activated my new Public Mobile SIM card on May 4th (new activation, not a porting). Data works as it should but I noticed that I can't receive incoming calls, other phones simply say "call failed" when they try to reach my number, and I already rebooted my phone a few times.

I would like to receive support on the matter.

Thank you!

15 REPLIES 15

Tammyparrish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I’m not receiving incoming calls

Probably was a network glitch
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

NeoX

Actually we tried again today and calls don't work anymore with his SIM. But until 2 days ago he was receiving "standard" calls on his regular PM number, a couple of times even from people who called him by mistake.

We are both newcomers to Canada and we didn't know about this Fongo app.

It will remain a mistery Smiley Tongue

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe your friend is using fongo app for incoming calls? 

Your welcome we all are here for help each other
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

NeoX

Thank you everyone for the explanations Smiley Very Happy

@NeoX wrote:
Text and talk are not included in my plan, but I didn't think this was the reason, because as I've said I activated a second SIM card for a friend with the same data only plan, paying the same amount, and that SIM can receive calls (we tried avfew times).

If you don't have talk, you cannot make or receive calls. I am not sure why your friend is getting calls. 

If you have data only plan then voice feature won't work maybe he's getting calls its must be a system glitch its shouldn't be getting calls since he don't have a voice feature he's lucky then he's getting calls but you have to have a voice plan to receive and to make a voice calls maybe he's getting calls on third party app over data or Wi-Fi

I would say sending a msg to mod won't make difference you will get same reply you need a active voice plan as @NDesai mentioned as well

NeoX
Text and talk are not included in my plan, but I didn't think this was the reason, because as I've said I activated a second SIM card for a friend with the same data only plan, paying the same amount, and that SIM can receive calls (we tried a few times).

What phone are you using and check your network setting if calls failed and data working its usually happen when you force the phone to use lte only since calling doesn't work on lte network phone service still use 3g or so but not run on lte update me about your phone I had this issue when I forced my phone to run on LTE only

@NeoX wrote:

Hi all and thank you for the replies.

My plan includes a 90-day pass with only 6GB Data.

It's strange because I have exactly the same plan as a friend who activated his SIM card with me, and he can receive incoming calls (of course he can only receive, he can't make calls).

What about text and talk? Are they included in your plan?

NeoX

Hi all and thank you for the replies.

My plan includes a 90-day pass with only 6GB Data.

It's strange because I have exactly the same plan as a friend who activated his SIM card with me, and he can receive incoming calls (of course he can only receive, he can't make calls).

Since you picked a new number, issue seems to be something else. Can you log into your self-serve account and verify you have Talk in your plan?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@NeoX, sorry to hear that you are having issues.   You will need to contact a MOD and can find out how to here.

In your message include your phone number and your SIM card number if you have it handy.  I will tag @Shazia_K in hopes that one of the mods can get to you before they leave for the day.

Sorry just caught it wasn't a porting issue.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hi @NeoX!

That is weird, it looks like a porting problem, but you said it is not...

You'll need the assistance of a moderator to check this for you.

I suggest you send them a private message. Be sure to include your Public Mobile phone number and/or SIM card number as well as a detailed description of your problem. Click here to know how contact them. They are available Mon-Thursday from 9am to 9pm and Friday-Sunday from 9am to 5:30pm (eastern time). They usually respond pretty fast to help requests!

I hope your problem will be solved quickly 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.