cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls

NeilL26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched to public mobile, and now I'm unable to receive calls from others. I can still text and receive texts perfectly fine. I can also make calls perfectly fine. This might be because I might not have gotten my PIN from my previous service provider correct when I transfered my number, what do I do.

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

@NeilL26 wrote:

I just switched to public mobile, and now I'm unable to receive calls from others. I can still text and receive texts perfectly fine. I can also make calls perfectly fine. This might be because I might not have gotten my PIN from my previous service provider correct when I transfered my number, what do I do.

You don't need PIN # to port a number.  You need your phone number to be ported, your full name on your account and the account number.  Your phone number must be active in order to port your number out.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

@NeilL26 

Are you porting a landline number or mobile number?

Landline or VoIP number will take up to 1 week to complete.

Mobile number will take couple hours to couple of days.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NeilL26 wrote:

You don't need PIN # to port a number.  You need your phone number to be ported, your full name on your account and the account number.  Your phone number must be active in order to port your number out.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@NeilL26How long ago when you switched from another wireless provider? It should take a few hours.. if much longer you might have a stuck port.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@NeilL26 wrote:

Which provider? Except maybe Speakout, don't use PIN. Use account number.  If it has been less than a few hours, wait as it isn't finished yet. Keep using old provider to receive calls until it's transfered.

The incoming texts received would be like that if from other Public customers. Did you receive a text meesage saying successful transfer?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@NeilL26  if you ported your old number that's normal to not be able to receive calls or texts while the port is in progress!  Once it's complete you'll get a text saying your port is complete! Or you'll get a text saying they need more information if it can't be completed 

Need Help? Let's chat.