cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or text messages

Unwana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just transfered my phone no. from freedom mobile to public mobile about 20mins ago. I can make calls and send text messages but i cant receive calls ot text messages. I need help. Thank You.

5 REPLIES 5

@work_ah_olic wrote:

If you are not able to receive calls or text then your account has to be manually activated by one of the moderator or admin.

That's not the case when a number is being transfered in.  Incoming calls and text do not and cannot work until the phone number transfer is complete.  The incoming calls can't just be "activated" until the phone number has been fully ported to Public Mobile.

work_ah_olic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you are not able to receive calls or text then your account has to be manually activated by one of the moderator or admin.

@Unwana wrote:

I just transfered my phone no. from freedom mobile to public mobile about 20mins ago. I can make calls and send text messages but i cant receive calls ot text messages. I need help. Thank You.

Is your number transfer complete now?  What you speak of is normal and this is how number porting works at Public Mobile. 

From what I've read people have been saying that number ports from Freedom Mobile always take exactly 30 minutes if there are no issues. Mine actually took 32 minutes.  Since you were at the 20 miute mark, I'm guessing that you probably just had to wait a little while longer.

Candian Wireless Telcommunications Association says 2.5 hours for porting a phone number from one wireless carrier to another.

There was a time when Wind Mobile uses to complete any and all number port ins and port outs in exactly 3.5 hours.  I'm unsure why they chose that exact amount of time, but it would appear that Wind/Freedom no longer does that.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Unwana

Your porting number from Freedom is not completed yet.  Wair for a few hours for your port to finish.  As the mean time, continue to use your Freedom SIM card to send/receive text and dial/receive calls.  Your port will be completed when you Freedom SIM card is dead.  Then, switch your SIM card and reboot your phone.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Try rebooting your phone.  If that doesn't resolve it, wait about 3 hours, reboot again, and re-test.  If you are still having issues, then contact the moderator via private message, as noted here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.