cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or Text.. Going to voice mail...

Rockwell2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My buddy needs help with his phone ... He ported his old number to public mobile.  He can call out but he cannot receive calls or any text...  His old provider is Bell I did read it might take time.  In the Public Mobile it does show his phone number.  I assume phone number has ported properly.  I tried calling him and the greeting is not Public Mobile,  I'm at a stand still at this point...  I'm the one that got him switch.  He wants his wife on it as well but I told him to wait.  Please help...

8 REPLIES 8

@Rockwell2020 can your friend confirm that the old sim is no longer working ?

Did he ever reboot the phone in the meantime? Reboot every 30 mins and try calling him again.

Also, try calling from different providers. My friends ported in not long ago and we notice it took 2 days for people from Fongo to reach his new PM line. Others providers like Rogers/Bells have no issue.

Rockwell2020

He did get the SMS and Said Yes to porting.  This was done this morning... around 9am  it's now 5PM  

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When you transfer your number to Public Mobile, you may experience mixed service for a short period until the transfer is completed.

During this time, your old service provider line will be fully functional, but the Public Mobile line will be able to make outbound phone calls only.

Please note that the number transfer process can take up to:

• 2 hours if mobile
  • 3 business days if landline/VoIP

*If transferring a mobile phone number from a company other than TELUS or Koodo, be aware that your previous service provider may also send you an SMS for you to approve the port request. Please be sure to follow the instructions in the SMS.

Tips: 

• Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message.

To troubleshoot transferring your number to Public Mobile:

1. Turn off your phone

2. Take out your SIM card

3. Put your SIM card back in

4. Turn your phone on again

If the previous troubleshooting steps didn’t work, and it has taken more than 2 business hours to transfer your mobile number, or more than 3 business days to transfer your landline number, you will need the help of a Moderator.

@Rockwell2020 wrote:

Also He is able to call out... But nothing coming in...

@Rockwell2020 This is normal behavior. See my first post for the way forward.

Rockwell2020

Also He is able to call out... But nothing coming in...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

first, did he response to SMS sent by Bell?  If not, then the porting is not done yet.. need to call Number Port team: ***.  they can re-trigger the porting.  He needs to have his Bell SIM put it back on the phone and reply Yes

if he did reply yes, then he just need to wait a bit.  It can take as much as 4 hours to get the porting completed - although, it usually quicker

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Rockwell2020 wrote:

My buddy needs help with his phone ... He ported his old number to public mobile.  He can call out but he cannot receive calls or any text...  His old provider is Bell I did read it might take time.  In the Public Mobile it does show his phone number.  I assume phone number has ported properly.  I tried calling him and the greeting is not Public Mobile,  I'm at a stand still at this point...  I'm the one that got him switch.  He wants his wife on it as well but I told him to wait.  Please help...

@Rockwell2020 The big question is when did he port his number? Did he receive a SMS from Bell to authorize it? A port can take a couple hours. If he did not receive the SMS he needs to put the old bell sim in his phone and keep using it until it stops working. This will indicate the port is complete. Have him call the Telus Port team to fix the port.

Here is a link to a Public Mobile page on porting that may be useful:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.