cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls from unknown numbers

peyton18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi!

i'm new, but i've realized that i can only receive calls from numbers that i have already called, all other calls aren't received (don't go to voicemail), once i put the number into my contacts its fine, but until then, they dont come through.

this is a real issue while job hunting. 

Thanks for the help!

-Peyton

6 REPLIES 6

@1976jbannerman 

Have you checked your settings? Maybe you accidently blocked unknown callers? Have you recently done a software update?

1976jbannerman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was able to receive unknown phone calls on my iPhone X until today 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@peyton18 wrote:

hi!

i'm new, but i've realized that i can only receive calls from numbers that i have already called, all other calls aren't received (don't go to voicemail), once i put the number into my contacts its fine, but until then, they dont come through.

this is a real issue while job hunting. 

Thanks for the help!

-Peyton

@peyton18  Sounds like a setting on your phone to only accept calls that are in your contacts list. I

To fix just go into your phone settings and remove the call blocking option.

It could be possible that you hit the setting on your phone to block certain calls.

Here's what my options are for that.Screenshot_20190908_163250.jpg

What kind of phone do you have? Mines is an android to get to those options (not sure if it's same for all phones) is by opening up the dialer and clicking three dots on top right.

You could also google your phone example if you have iPhone 6..google "iPhone 6 block call settings"

I do believe in your phone depending on the model there is an option in your settings that allows you to only receive calls from your contacts. Hopefully the techie guys in the community can help out on this. So you might have to turn that off or do the usual power off phone etc... to reset.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@peyton18Try your SIM card on another phone.. since there is no number filtering system with Public Mobile it is likely a software configuration problem on your smartphone.

Need Help? Let's chat.