cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls. I use other phone to call this number, it goes to someone else's voice mail.

hencefore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Very excited about getting new SIM card and activated with a new number chosen from list provided (not ported from old number nor customized last 4-digit). It's been more than 12 hours. I tried to call this new number  with my another phone, it went to someone else voicemail box. Tried another few times, still someone else's voicemail box. The new number has not received any call yet. I tried rebooting the cellphone and re-put the SIM card. No result so far. Please advice.

9 REPLIES 9

@hencefore wrote:

@geopublic That sounds like a very possiblity. For some reasons, I do manage to receive text messages from public mobile and my friends.

@hencefore  Also forgot to mention that it might be worthwhile restarting your phone every couple of hours during the day  to see if the situation resolves itself.

@hencefore 

As stated above, there were a few suggestions that might work to get your phone work. One other thing to try is manually load $1 into your account.  This trick also seems to reset your plan.  

If you really like that number, you will need to wait for moderators to get back to you.  Or other option is to choose another new phone number in your self service account and that might work.    

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hencefore wrote:

@Dunkman Yes. I can access my account and able to receive text message. Just can't receive calls. 

@hencefore 

Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hencefore

@Dunkman Yes. I can access my account and able to receive text message. Just can't receive calls. 

hencefore

@geopublic That sounds like a very possiblity. For some reasons, I do manage to receive text messages from public mobile and my friends.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hencefore wrote:

Very excited about getting new SIM card and activated with a new number chosen from list provided (not ported from old number nor customized last 4-digit). It's been more than 12 hours. I tried to call this new number  with my another phone, it went to someone else voicemail box. Tried another few times, still someone else's voicemail box. The new number has not received any call yet. I tried rebooting the cellphone and re-put the SIM card. No result so far. Please advice.

@hencefore  Sounds like the issue is related with the number you chose. Sometimes a number will make it to the pool that shouldn't be there. The quick fix is to change numbers but I'm not sure if the system will let you change it online but wouldn't hurt to try. If you can't change then you can ask the moderator to do it for you or wait for them to reply back. It's also possible that it will start working before you hear back from them.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can try going to your settings and under Wireless & Networks, click More.

The click on Cellular Networks and then Network Operators.  Then select "Public Mobile".

If that doesn't work, power off your phone and remove the SIM.  Re-insert and power on.

If you still have problems then you would need to contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact a moderator in the meantime to have this fixed at the link below. I'm sure others will have some tips and tricks to that might help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@hencefore 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Are you able to call out?  What about text or data?  

It looks like that the account might not have been activated properly.  Are you able to access your self service account?

Need Help? Let's chat.