cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive call after transfer number to public mobile

kevin9054
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd active new sim card and transfer old number to public mobile, call out, txt message and data working ok, but can't receive call, I try restart my phone many times but sitll can't receive call. Anyone can help me?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

@kevin9054 wrote:

Thanks, I port the number around 1 and 1/2 hour ago, and port from speakout.

@kevin9054 Once the port completes you will receive a text from Public Mobile notifying you. I know that Speakout does not have account numbers hopefully you used the correct PIN number ehrn you submitted the port.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kevin9054 

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

You can continue to use your old SIM card until it stops working.  Then, start using your new PM SIM card.

kevin9054

Thanks, I wait some more times.

kevin9054

Thanks, I port the number around 1 and 1/2 hour ago, and port from speakout.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@kevin9054 How long ago did you start the port? Who is your original carrier? What type is it (ie cell, landline, voip)? What type of plan? (business, prepaid, postpaid etc?)

The last 2 types takes longer.. the cell ones are quicker, usually several hours. Basically incoming calls will work once the original carrier releases your phone.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kevin9054 , during the porting/number transfer process, calls still go to the old service provider.  How long has it been since the port was submitted?  If it has been at least 4 hours and this issue persists, the port could be stuck and require resubmission.  In that case, you need to get the moderators involved to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.