cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive SMS msg from online banking

e55meg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently ported my number and everything seems to be fine except receiving a verification message when I try to use my banking app.  ???

It was not a prob

10 REPLIES 10

e55meg

Thanks gpixel !

Will use online instead of App

e55meg

Well I tried CIBC website but I still need the verification code sms message sent to my phone. So I cannot access from there either.

@e55meg yes, apps can be mimicked. it's called "overlay" and seeing as the Play store is having a hard time weeding out malware apps. anything can happen nowadays

e55meg

What?!

If I use the website it's more secure??

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@e55meg can I suggest for you to not even use the banking app and just use the website instead. then you don't have to register your phone number for 2fa. this is a huge security flaw and it creates easy access for fraudsters into your account. all they need is to sim jack you and they can reset all your passwords and lock you out. any account linked to your number would be in jeopardy.

e55meg

Yes calls and messaging all work. Will wait a few days as Jb suggests and retry then.

Thanks 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@e55meg

Are you getting all other texts? If no, put old sim back in to see if message is being sent to old carrier.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@e55meg 

Can you receive calls and normal texts?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@e55meg 

If you ported your number in from another provider and the port is complete it can take up to 48 hours for 2FA to start working.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂 If you used a referral code when activating the $10 signup bonus will be applied within 72 hours of activating.

e55meg

It was not a problem before I switched to PM

Need Help? Let's chat.