cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't port number from Fido

tarotart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, 

I just activated my PM SIM card right now under a new number and kept my preferred number at Fido active.

Now I am using self-serve to check the eligibility of my preferred number from Fido, but I am getting the error message: 

"We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance."

My Fido number is a secondary line on my mother's Fido account. When I tested my mother's number (the primary number on that account), her number was eligible. 

My Fido number is currently still active, so that's not the problem. I'm not sure what else I can do from here - can somebody please help? Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Riettarose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You might need your mom's authorization and definitely need the account number. I'm not sure if taking a number from a family plan is stickier then a normal plan. Contact a moderator for help. 

toxicfire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@tarotart wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I just activated my PM SIM card right now under a new number and kept my preferred number at Fido active.

Now I am using self-serve to check the eligibility of my preferred number from Fido, but I am getting the error message: 

"We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Select a new number.

My Fido number is a secondary line on my mother's Fido account. When I tested my mother's number (the primary number on that account), her number was eligible. 

My Fido number is currently still active, so that's not the problem. I'm not sure what else I can do from here - can somebody please help? Thank you!

Hello @tarotart    so first thing is contact fido to confirm theres no restrictions on porting your number.

2nd thing try again. (make sure you just type the area code plus number no - or 1 infornt.

3rd contact moderator send them a PM and include as much info as you can to quicken the process.

Name and phone number of your public mobile account.

Name and phone number your trying to port.

Account number of fido.

Will speed things up when they contact you.

Here is link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@tarotart 

When you contact Fido, you should also confirm what information you will need to port out your number.

You can confirm whether the account number you have and full name registered on the Fido account are sufficient.

If you need to provide corrected info for your port request, you will need to follow-up with PM Moderator_team.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tarotart wrote:

Hi everyone, 

-  Select a new number.

@tarotart  The first thing I would do is to call Fido and ask them if there are any restrictions on porting out your secondary number. If it's eligibile try one more time via selfserve. If you are still getting the same error then contact the PM moderator fo assistance.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.