cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't port my number

mojilife
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went in store to buy a sim card and activate my account, but the clerk could not port my number, even though my husband ported his number under the exact same conditions, and my current provider says there should be no problem with a port.  The clerk suggested I get a moderator here to try.  My plan expires in 3 days and I would rather not renew...

5 REPLIES 5

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mojilife 

for the fastest response from customer support mods you need to use SIMon to create the ticket

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "port request"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you have the account number for the old phone number, then the in-store clerk should be able to port it over. Did the clerk give a reason why it won’t port over.

MiaElena
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same problem. A PM moderator advised me that my previous provider, Koodo, had applied port protection to my number. To save some time you may want to check with your old provider to see if that is the problem, and, if so, have them remove it. The moderator will not be able to port your number if port protection is in place. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mojilife wrote:

I went in store to buy a sim card and activate my account, but the clerk could not port my number, even though my husband ported his number under the exact same conditions, and my current provider says there should be no problem with a port.  The clerk suggested I get a moderator here to try.  My plan expires in 3 days and I would rather not renew...

• Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:
    1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need: Account number, name on the account and phone number from your previous provider.

Click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. Include the info from above.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you activate the sim card with a temporary number?

If yes.

Contact moderators. Open the chat bot by clicking the question mark on bottom right and type "Port Request" follow the prompts to open a ticket or send them a private message at this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you didn't activate your sim yet. You can port during activation (there is a section) unless it's Koodo prepaid. If it's Koodo prepaid you open the account with a temporary number and follow instructions above to contact moderators to do the port.

Need Help? Let's chat.