cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make phone calls anymore!

Tes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I've had this plan for a couple of months now and use auto pay. So far I'm really happy with it.

BUT I tried to make a phone call just now and I keep hearing that calls are not included in my plan.

I know for sure that it is what I pay for and until yesterday I could make phone calls. 

How do I fix this?

Kind regards,

Tes

15 REPLIES 15

Tes

Hi, Thanks everyone for your help!
Problem fixed, it actually happened as mentioned at point 1. It was a number I dialed succesfully many times before, but for some reason the number got a wrong country code.
Once I fixed that back to +1 it was fine. Very strange though that it got changed.

Tes

Will do, thank you so much for your help!

Tes

Thanks for your reply, I'm sure it's the right number though!

Tes

My plan is nation wide! I'll try and contact them 🙂

Tes

Il try this!

Cath
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I too occasionally get the do not have calling on my plan message.  Every single time, it's because I have dialled the number incorrectly.  Careful redialling always works.  fwiw 

@Chanah wrote:

I sporadically get the 'you don't have talk enabled on your plan' message. So far it's resolved by trying the phone call again. But it shouldn't be there at all.

When I get this message, it's one of the following reasons.

1.  Caller ID showed a 'normal' looking number, but when clicked to dial, the number format displayed was incorrect, and the call failed with the message stated above.  Correcting the format completes the call.

2.  Network outage, or temporary service outage.  Try again later - no issue.

3.  as mentioned, possible provisioning issue.  But very rare in my case.

I rarely have issues as when I call, I use contacts with 'normal' dialling numbers listed for when I'm in my City, but if I'm travelling I may get the 'long distance charges may apply', which is a different situation.

@Tes wrote:

Hi! I get the 'talk is not included in your plan'. Tried the obvious things to fix it already but so far it hasn't worked.

I'll try the to contact the mod team first!

@TesYes give the mod team a message, they should be able to fix this for you, best of luck and let us know how it goes

Tes

Hi! I get the 'talk is not included in your plan'. Tried the obvious things to fix it already but so far it hasn't worked.

I'll try the to contact the mod team first!

@RobertQc wrote:

@Chanah wrote:

I sporadically get the 'you don't have talk enabled on your plan' message. So far it's resolved by trying the phone call again. But it shouldn't be there at all.

@ChanahIf that was happening to me, I would contact the moderator team to look into it and see if there was something they could do to prevent it. That's not normal. I would be worried that one day trying again did not work, at the least be frustrated I have to always double call but of course, up to you.

I agree, I would not be tolerating having to do that!

@Chanah wrote:

@ChanahIf that was happening to me, I would contact the moderator team to look into it and see if there was something they could do to prevent it. That's not normal. I would be worried that one day trying again did not work, at the least be frustrated I have to always double call but of course, up to you.

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tehowennathe wrote:

If you have unlimited callling province wide and call out of province it won't work. You can't call out of province in a province wide calling plan, you need long distance add on for that.  If you have Canada wide calling and still doesn't work then you have an issue. If that's the case that Canada wide isn't working then I suggest contacting the mod team. 

Their response time has gotten better. When I contacted them earlier in the week for issue I had, they answered within 2 hours or so .

@tehowennatheI think that you get a different error for that you speak of the recording saying "you dont have long distance add on". When the error actually says "You dont have talk included in your plan" thats a bit different? But I could be wrong about this. Someone else will chime in here I am sure. EDIT But I guess the OP is not actually clear on this, so you might be right

@TesWhich error do you get exactly on the recording?

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you have unlimited callling province wide and call out of province it won't work. You can't call out of province in a province wide calling plan, you need long distance add on for that.  If you have Canada wide calling and still doesn't work then you have an issue. If that's the case that Canada wide isn't working then I suggest contacting the mod team. 

Their response time has gotten better. When I contacted them earlier in the week for issue I had, they answered within 2 hours or so .

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Tes wrote:

Hi,

I've had this plan for a couple of months now and use auto pay. So far I'm really happy with it.

BUT I tried to make a phone call just now and I keep hearing that calls are not included in my plan.

I know for sure that it is what I pay for and until yesterday I could make phone calls. 

How do I fix this?

Kind regards,

Tes

@Tes

Give the lost/stolen trick a shot, it seems to fix almost every problem at public mobile. Log into your self serve (my account) CLICK HERE then click “Plan and Add-on” then click “Lost/Stolen Phone” and click “Suspend Service” and click the “logout” button near your name/account balance. Wait 10 minutes. Log back and do the exact same procedure except this time click reactivate service phone found, reboot your phone. This seems to reset you sim / account and may fix your issue.

If your account is active, and you have talk showing in the plan, and the trick above doesnt  work, send a message to the mods your plan might not have renewed properly Click this to send them a message.

Need Help? Let's chat.