cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make or receive calls/texts

Scotian97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI, yesterday I changed my number and my plan is active. After I changed it my phone stopped working. I have tried to report and unreport, on and off, and hard reset. Nothing works. Account shows one number but my phone says another.

21 REPLIES 21

@Jidoo  a écrit :

I still can’t make c

I suggest you to write a message to the moderator...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened to you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..be patient..and before a solution if you want you can buy the add-on long distance for 8$ 200 minutes for the important calls..

Jidoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I still can’t make c

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would suggest contacting a PM Moderator who can quickly assist in resolving this issue.

Thank you,

MJ23

Kandola12

That's good that it was resolved,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scotian97 wrote:

Moderators have corrected this. Thank you for the support.

Do you know what they did?

Edit: Nice to see just a couple hour moderator response time.

Scotian97

Moderators have corrected this. Thank you for the support.

@Scotian97 wrote:

Reassign date scheduled for feb 14 so I tried to change it this morning. My account displays active and the new number but I cannot connect to the network.

Have you tried this?

Add $1 to your account?

Restart your phone?

Airplane mode on then off?

Reset network settings?

Scotian97

Reassign date scheduled for feb 14 so I tried to change it this morning. My account displays active and the new number but I cannot connect to the network.

@Scotian97 What does your Self Serve account say? Is it still active?

I am speculating that Next Plus reassigning your number might be the same as porting it out. Did you attempt the number change prior to them reassigning the number?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Scotian97 wrote:

I successfully ported a Next Plus phone number to PM and ran it for a month. I was notified that due to inactivity within app, my number has been reassigned

@Scotian97 I think this is likely beyond the ability of the community to troubleshoot for you.  Please send a private message to the moderator team if you haven't arleady.  You can learn how to do so here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Scotian97 wrote:

I successfully ported a Next Plus phone number to PM and ran it for a month. I was notified that due to inactivity within app, my number has been reassigned

You were trying to port a number from Next Plus that was already reassigned?

You lost the number associated with your account because Next Plus reassigned it?

Scotian97

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Scotian97 wrote:

I was running an isp and the server was about to expire so I needed to change before loss of service

@Scotian97 you were running your own VoIP/SIP service?  Is that what you're saying?  I have no idea how/if a port would work from something like that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Scotian97

I was running an isp and the server was about to expire so I needed to change before loss of service

@Scotian97, what was the reason for changing your number?  I only ask, as someone a week or two ago thought it was the reason they couldn't make calls, and it turned out they needed to add long-distance calling.

Please explain if you can, more info so we can assist while the moderators are getting to your issue.

@Scotian97 wrote:

Thanks I’ll have to wait for mods

You do not wish to have us try and help you?

Scotian97

Thanks I’ll have to wait for mods

@Scotian97 wrote:

Yes. Had it in lost mode for 4hrs and still nothing

By change do you mean you ported a number from somewhere else or just went to self serve and selected a new number?

Just to be sure @Scotian97you click on find your phone after closed your phone?? 

If yes you will need help from moderator...here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and explain what happened...wait few hours upto 2 days and they will help you to fix your number...

Scotian97

Yes. Had it in lost mode for 4hrs and still nothing

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Did you try to click on lost/stolen in your selfserve account ...in plan/option...and close your phone few minutes and open it again..and click on find my phone @Scotian97? Sometimes it helped to restart correctly..let us know...

Need Help? Let's chat.