cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make local calls.

Rjh1912
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today I tried making local calls & kept getting a recording saying it can't connect the call as I do not have a long distance add-on plan. What is wrong, why is it doing this?

10 REPLIES 10

Rjh1912

Great, thanks. After one year with this phone & PM, still trying to figure it all out.👍🙂

@Rjh1912 wrote:

Thanks. That sounds like what the problem is. Would the talk feature not return at my next months pay period, which should be Feb 11, I believe.

Yes, it will reset with every successful renewal payment.  Any minutes which may be left from a plans included minute (or data) allotment would not carry over to the next renewal period.

If you frequently use more than 100 outgoing minutes, I would recommend the $5 - 500 minute add-on.  It DOES carry-over to subsequent renewals PLUS will only be drawn upon after your plan's allotment is used up.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Rjh1912 wrote:

Thanks. That sounds like what the problem is. Would the talk feature not return at my next months pay period, which should be Feb 11, I believe.

Yes, your plan resets on your next cycle.

Rjh1912

Could be,  @cavemantoronto 

I personally do not have that plan so I don't know what it states.

Thanks for info!!

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Rjh1912 

If you're on the $15 plan, it's possible you have consumed your 100 available outgoing minutes. 

Check self serve to see if the outgoing minutes counter is not showing under data and add ons. If so, that means they're consumed. 

The good news is there's a $5 add on that gives you 500 additional minutes which, when added, don't ever expire until they're used up. 

I think it says talk not included if all minutes are gone, not that long ditsance is needed.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your account status.  What type of plan do you have - limited or unlimited minutes ?  Try dialing 1 infront of area code.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Rjh1912 

If you're on the $15 plan, it's possible you have consumed your 100 available outgoing minutes. 

Check self serve to see if the outgoing minutes counter is not showing under data and add ons. If so, that means they're consumed. 

The good news is there's a $5 add on that gives you 500 additional minutes which, when added, don't ever expire until they're used up. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Rjh1912 ,

Did you just activate with Public Mobile?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rjh1912 wrote:

Today I tried making local calls & kept getting a recording saying it can't connect the call as I do not have a long distance add-on plan. What is wrong, why is it doing this?

Glitch in system:  Add 1 before number even for local calls. Also check number isn't misdialed.

Need Help? Let's chat.