cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls

YOYODUDE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought this sim like 4 days ago.

Never paid much attention to it as already had one working.

My plan is 15Cad for 100 minutes.

Can't call as the ringing sound never starts and 5he call just disconnects after some time.

Receiving messages, have range, can't receive also, goes to voicemail directly.

12 REPLIES 12

@rhradec wrote:

Did you check/added the APN(Access Point Names) settings as stated here? 
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

APN settings aren't needed for phone calls and have no effect on the ability to make or receive them. Someone could delete the APN settings and you would still be able to make phone calls.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@YOYODUDE wrote:

Can't call as the ringing sound never starts and 5he call just disconnects after some time.

Which dwvice type and model are you using? There are sime phones out there that will work with Public's data and textw but not.calls.

@YOYODUDE 

Is it possible person you are calling has enabled DND or call forwarding? Or, does this happen every call? Aside from the actual phone, is it also possible you have also accidently enabled DND (do not disturb) or call forwarding? Unlikely, but if both of these situations are true, then it could explain what's happening. 

Aside from contacting moderators, you could try the following: try using SIM in different phone and also using a different SIM in your phone

rhradec

@YOYODUDE wrote:

Did you check/added the APN(Access Point Names) settings as stated here? 
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

In the link there's info on how to check/add on android, blackberry, windows and IOS. 

But the steps android is not a 100% accurated if your Android version is newer. Mine was Android 9, and it didn't have the same settings option as instructed in the link. For android 9, I went into settings->Network&Internet->Mobile Network, tapped on the Advanced, and at the very bottom, I found Access Point Names (APN). 

In my case, I already had the Public Mobile entry added and selected (I think android 9 figured it out by itself after I inserted the SIM card). I tapped on it just to double check, and the APN info was identical:
DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200114114654.png

Not sure if that's actually the problem, but if I was you I would double check that, since it could just be some technicality like that preventing your phone from being able to connect to PM mobile network. 

my 2 cents... 
cheers...

-H

@YOYODUDE wrote:

Which device type and model are you using? There are some phones out there that will work with Public's data and texts but not calls.

Onyxj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you have a number associated with this new SIM? (Do NOT post it here). Your number can only be associated with one SIM at a time so this is either a new phone number or maybe your current number hasn't moved from the first SIM to the second one yet... 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your account - what is the status ?

Try rebooting your phone.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@YOYODUDE wrote:

Already had what working - another PM SIM, or some other company's?

How's your signal strength? I ask, because the signal is garbage where I live, and that happens to me occasionally, i.e. I can try making a call, and it doesn't even ring, but if I move to another room, with slightly better signal, I can dial out and make the call. I also occasionally get the straight to voicemail issue, when someone calls me.

@zblackma wrote:

So, you can't call out or receive messages? Can you send messages ans receive calls?  Have you tried taking the SIM out and putting it back in? Did you replace your other SIM with this one?

@YOYODUDE wrote:

@zblackma  The bold part should answer your questions.... at least partially.

YOYODUDE

@Staliger  No I didn't ported. New SIM

Have self-service account.

Don't have funds in it. 

But have available recharge for this month.

Tried the ? Help not earlier.

He forwarded me to the community chat

try the above, and if possible use anothe rphone to test.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So, you can't call out or receive messages? Can you send messages ans receive calls?  Have you tried taking the SIM out and putting it back in? Did you replace your other SIM with this one?

@YOYODUDE wrote:

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@YOYODUDE wrote:

@YOYODUDE Did you port your number? Did you activate your sim? Is your account active in self-service? Do you have available funds there? The fastest way to get professional help is Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions or send a message though https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.