cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make a local call or access my voice mail box

Natali
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello public mobile users, I hope you can help:

It started a week ago - when I try to make a local call, I get a message that I don't have a long distance call plan and I need to update my plan... It's a local call and not a long distance. Same message I receive when I try to listen messages saved in my voice mail box.

I tried to reboot my phone and remove and insert a SIM card back, nothing helps.

Please help.

15 REPLIES 15

@Natali wrote:

Thank you very much everyone for your valuable advices. All good now and the problem has been solved!

@Natali...glad to hear it's ok now. For future reference...what did you do to make it right ?

Natali

Thank you very much everyone for your valuable advices. All good now and the problem has been solved!

@Natali   When your calling issue started a week ago were you able to still send/recieve texts and recieve calls? Use your mobile data? (Not WiFi data.) If yes then you ran out of minutes.

If no then your autopay failed upon renewal last week. Adding the $5 either topped up your account balance to cover what was owing or forced your account into reprovisioning after your autopay and/or renewal failed.

Double check your account to see if only your plan minutes show under "my plans and add ons" or if you also have the $5/500 min add on showing as well. When purchasing an add on you must add funds to your account balance ( if your balance is at $0 or less than the add on cost.)

Only then can you go to the plans and add ons page, scroll down, choose the add on and submit the payment. The add on will then show up on your overview page under "my plan and add ons."

@Natali...Make note of what the account looks like and acts like on renewal day. This will happen every 30 days when the plan is set to go through the renewal process. It looks ominous but worry not. It'll be fine in the morning as long as you have a valid cc set to autopay and/or $$ in Available Funds to pay for your next renewal.

@Natali is today your cycle renewal date?  The normal PM renewal process is suspended, then expired, the payment comes out at 2am est, then the plan resets for the next cycle at 6 am eastern. You should get your 611 Thank You for renewal message tomorrow. 

Natali

Thank you very much for you help! I added $5 for 500 mins and I now able to make local calls. What is still strange for me is that it still says that the account has expired though I haven't used all my data and minutes and there is no outstanding due amount.

Thanks again for all your advices!

@Natali wrote:

Thank you, 

I don't have any due amount so not sure for what I should pay. *611 number is not working, just music playing on a background and that's it.

Does your 500 minutes add-on working right now ? Can you make calls ?

When is your renewal date ?

If your phone is working and renewal is tonight...don't worry...it'll be all ok in the morning when your plan renews.

Let us know when is your posted renewal ?

@Natali then try tricks to restart your phone service. 
You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5    minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there.

Natali

Thank you, 

I don't have any due amount so not sure for what I should pay. *611 number is not working, just music playing on a background and that's it.

@Natali wrote:

Yes I am on $15.00 plan and I still have minutes. I just bought another 500 for $5 and I see now a message in red saying that my account expired. I just don't understand, why it says so if I have an auto pay option.

When is renewal date ? If things are working, don't touch it as it'll renew your plan tonight.

Sometimes autopay fails @Natali . Is there a reactivate account button? If there is, you may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or You can also use 611 to make your payment.:
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks

Natali

Yes I am on $15.00 plan and I still have minutes. I just bought another 500 for $5 and I see now a message in red saying that my account expired. I just don't understand, why it says so if I have an auto pay option.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Natali wrote:

Hello public mobile users, I hope you can help:

It started a week ago - when I try to make a local call, I get a message that I don't have a long distance call plan and I need to update my plan... It's a local call and not a long distance. Same message I receive when I try to listen messages saved in my voice mail box.

I tried to reboot my phone and remove and insert a SIM card back, nothing helps.

Please help.

If you are on the $15 plan and have run outta minutes you have the option of getting the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Those minutes don't expire but roll over until you use them up... even if that takes several weeks or longer.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Try adding a 1 in front of the number and try your call again.  @Natali if you are on the $15 plan and your account shows no minutes. Then you are out of them. Buy the 500 minute, $5 add on to use now. It doesn't expire until used up. See article in how to buy it.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Your account should look like this if you have minutes.

Screenshot_20200321-214124.jpg

To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts to Canada and the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and viola you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. Thank you

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Are you on the $15 plan and out of outgoing minutes?

Need Help? Let's chat.