cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make a call to NWT

Barbiebd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We're trying to call our son in Norman Wells, NWT.  We have the Unlimited talk to Canada & the US, but when we try to call him it tells us we don't have a funds in our long distance plan!  His phone number starts with 867.  Why can't we call him on our Public Mobile plan?!

9 REPLIES 9

Thanks to let us know @Barbiebd 

Barbiebd

Actually, not only did I have to clear my cache and log out, I also had to restart my computer.  That seemed to do the trick & all is well now.  Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

@Barbiebd wrote:

Also, I don't know that my husband has the long distance on his plan (I do on mine) but now neither of us can see our plan details on our login page.  I would like to see our plans and update his accordingly but it won't let me do that either.

If you are unable to properly view your account you may just need to log out, clear your cache and log in. Or try another browser/computer or an incognito window. 

Sometimes just waitng a little bit seems to fix the issue as well.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

k@Barbiebd @Reply to the moderator in a private message with his private message click on reply

Barbiebd

Also, I don't know that my husband has the long distance on his plan (I do on mine) but now neither of us can see our plan details on our login page.  I would like to see our plans and update his accordingly but it won't let me do that either.

Barbiebd

I have verified my identity.

Silvio_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi Barbiebd,

No worries, we are here to help.

I will send you a private message. Please respond there, not here.

Best regards,

Silvio_M

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Barbiebd, there may be a possibility of an account provisioning issue at play here.  I haven't seen a customer inquiry about long distance calling issues for some time as most impacts were on the province wide calling plans.  It might be worthwhile getting the moderator team to look into your account set up.  Of course, make sure the 1 is included in front of the 10 digit number as already suggested before consulting with moderator team. 

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Barbiebd, are you dialling it as a long distance number (1+10 digits) or just the 10-digits?  Are you letting the message fully play, and letting it try to connect?

You should be able to call the number on that plan.

EDIT : Edited to correct a typo.

Need Help? Let's chat.