cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get data working on IPhone SE

Movieking
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve set the APN to what was suggested, but can’t get beyond this as there is no option to enter MMSC or MMS.  Is this because the phone wasn’t unlocked properly?  Seems to be the only thing I can think of?  

11 REPLIES 11

@Movieking wrote:

When I reset and rebooted, it didn’t seem like it helped.  The APN shows as isp.mb.com after rebooting, and I can’t do anything, including texts, etc.  I’ve tried sp.mb.com as well which was what I read online with no luck either.  Feels like I’m missing something simple but not sure what?

Does your account show that you have data to use?

@Movieking 

You could try the SIM card in another working phone.  That will help determine whether hardware issue versus Public mobile issue. 

Movieking

Was able to get one step further (somewhat) and now get a message saying  I can’t access the web for one of five reasons, none of which seem to apply.  Thanks for the help guys, seems like PM is blocking me.  I’ll follow up with them, thanks for the help, much appreciated!  Great community you have here!

Movieking

When I reset and rebooted, it didn’t seem like it helped.  The APN shows as isp.mb.com after rebooting, and I can’t do anything, including texts, etc.  I’ve tried sp.mb.com as well which was what I read online with no luck either.  Feels like I’m missing something simple but not sure what?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

My IPhone SE APN settings. Data works good. 

F71A6C30-4A4A-4FA6-AF68-9AF4759266E0.jpeg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Movieking 

If you got your iPhone from Koodo, it should work with PM even it is locked.  

Do a simple test first by restarting your iPhone and let your PM SIM card to configure you APN settings automatically.

@Movieking 

If it is from Koodo, it should work with Public mobile. 

Did you try network reset as described above?  Reboot phone?  Toggle airplane mode on then off. 

Does text and talk work?

@Movieking did you try the network reset as suggested ny @gpixel ? Restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. Enable sms and mms to send and receive from Android phones.  Enable data and Try sending an mms message and surfing the internet. Stay safe. 

Movieking

I believe the phone was originally from Koodo.

@Movieking 

If your phone weren't properly unlocked, none of the cellular services would work (assuming it's not from Telus or Koodo).

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Movieking reset your network settings. you don't need to edit the APN settings for iPhone

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.