cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't even order a SIM card?

Emgizzarelli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HELP!

I've tried to order a SIM card. Went through the prompts and got to the payment screen. It verifies the payment, and fails stating my ZIP code doesn't match. (I have a Postal Code) So I try again with a different card. Same thing. 

I look at my accounts, and I've been charged on each one for the payment, but still no completed order. 

Of course there is no human to talk to, so now what? How do I get my money back? How to I get my purchased SIM card? 

FRUSTRATED.

11 REPLIES 11

Emgizzarelli

Thank you, but what I'm anxious for, is to get an answer back from a Moderator. I've sent 2 messages now, still nothing back. How long do people usually wait to hear back from someone? 

My boyfriend has referred me, so he calls dibs on the referral lol. 

#foreverwaitingonamoderator

tmiikam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would try to get in touch with a moderator for a refund. 

However, if you’re anxious to get set up right away, you can pick up a SIM card for free from London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, Walmart, The Mobile Shop etc. You will just have to activate in store in order to get it for free. I set mine up in Walmart.

Let me know if you want a $10 off referral code that you can use in store too. 

@Emgizzarelli wrote:

I didn't know these companies had Public Mobile SIMs available! 

Guess I'm heading there to see if someone can help me with a refund since I can't really find it online... 

Don't waste your time doing that unless you are going to activate service. They can't give you a refund for online order. They aren't even same company. Only moderator can give you refund or get sim sent.

They won’t give you a refund they only sell SIM cards for different company’s 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Emgizzarelli wrote:

Guess I'm heading there to see if someone can help me with a refund since I can't really find it online... 

Those stores won't help you with that. That's between you and Public Mobile. *Maybe* a Public Mobile branded kiosk might help you so let us know.

But you can get going with service sooner than waiting for a SIM in the mail.

You can also buy vouchers at many locations beyond just those stores too.

Emgizzarelli

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Emgizzarelli 

Are you nowhere near any of the stores that sell SIM's?

London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, some Walmart, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), now some groovy mall kiosks, apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will sell you a SIM.

If you're further away, don't you ever to go to those towns with those stores?

Emgizzarelli

So I just have to wait and hope one comes? Or doesn't and try again? 

What if I keep getting the same error. 

I wish a Moderator would help me. 

It's unfortunate I'm not even a PM customer yet and I'm being pretty deterred to become one.

adminpfc

If you never recieve the SIM wait til the end of your credit card billing cycle and contact your credit card, they should be able to process a refund.  Its also possible  that the charges haven't really cleared but are just pending and will expire once the system realizes that you didn't complete the purchase.

Emgizzarelli

No email. And I doubt I will receive a SIM as it didnt even complete to the purchase screen. (Just charged my card). I also don't want 2 SIM cards to come since they are non refundable, so I don't want to wait and hope one comes.

I've sent 2 messages to the Moderator - no answer. 

@Emgizzarelli wrote:

HELP!

I've tried to order a SIM card. Went through the prompts and got to the payment screen. It verifies the payment, and fails stating my ZIP code doesn't match. (I have a Postal Code) So I try again with a different card. Same thing. 

I look at my accounts, and I've been charged on each one for the payment, but still no completed order. 

Of course there is no human to talk to, so now what? How do I get my money back? How to I get my purchased SIM card? 

FRUSTRATED.

Did you get an order confirmation e-mail? If a sim card does not end up arriving, you can contact the Public Mobile moderators through this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You'll also need them to issue a refund for the duplicate payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.