cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't dial international call anymore with error message

wonmyung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have international add-on a while ago and been using it well.

But now it seems not to work anymore with UT...something error message.

Please help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

Won

20 REPLIES 20

@wonmyung wrote:

@ChuckYeah 

@NDesai 

Solution has been changed to NDesai's.

Cheers!

@wonmyung  YOU DID IT! If you look between the couch cushions you might find enough for a happy meal.

wonmyung

@ChuckYeah 

I don't feel bad at all. no worries 🙂 I just corrected what it's supposed to be.

Thanks

Awesome, I hope you don't feel bad about it. It's just ettiquette I've found out since I joined. If you hang around the community some, you'll learn a lot more and never know everything. Again, welcome!

wonmyung

@ChuckYeah 

@NDesai 

Solution has been changed to NDesai's.

Cheers!

See, I told you, lol. If you can't figure it out just leave it as @NDesai says.

@NDesai would not be concerned. Just go back and edit your post and remove the solution and then reassign the solution.

Worry, not. This was merely a learning opportunity for you and every other new PM user that may stumble onto your thread. Welcome!

@wonmyung wrote:

@ChuckYeah

Sorry, I didn't know well how the credit works here since it's second or third time for me to use the community for problem solving. But it wasn't intentional. I can definitely give the credit to @NDesai if there's way to do that. I don't really care about the credit 🙂

I got hint from @NDesai link but I had to find out what the exit number on Google.

@NDesai 

Sorry for the credit! Please let me know if you know how to redirect the credit to you.

Thanks all.

@ChuckYeah  @wonmyung It's fine how it is. It is possible to give yourself a solution as long as no one else mentioned the solution and it was not so obvious. 

wonmyung

@ChuckYeah

Sorry, I didn't know well how the credit works here since it's second or third time for me to use the community for problem solving. But it wasn't intentional. I can definitely give the credit to @NDesai if there's way to do that. I don't really care about the credit 🙂

I got hint from @NDesai link but I had to find out what the exit number on Google.

@NDesai 

Sorry for the credit! Please let me know if you know how to redirect the credit to you.

Thanks all.

@wonmyung wrote:

@darlicious 

Yea...

That's what I've known so far and why I've been doing without it.

I'll try without it later again and see how it goes.

Cheers!

May be it was the phone or the dialer app feature that would auto dial the correct exit code (011) based on your local number or country?

@wonmyung It's frowned upon in the community to mark your own answers as a solution as this is a site looking for help. However, if you did find your own solution that's great.

If you did look at the link provided by @NDesai and it gave you the answer, you should credit NDesai with the solution.

No big issue, just an FYI.

wonmyung

@darlicious 

Yea...

That's what I've known so far and why I've been doing without it.

I'll try without it later again and see how it goes.

Cheers!

@wonmyung  Hmmm....strange it worked before without 011. Usually that's a given with overseas calls.

wonmyung

Haven't, but I figured it out.

I used to use this

+82(country code) + city code + phone  number.

And it worked so far, but doesn't work anymore.

So I tried like below and it worked out.

Dial 011 + country code + city code + phone number

Thanks all!

@wonmyung  Have you tried my suggestions yet?

wonmyung

1. I still have 299/400mins on my account AND free added another 400mins left.

2. Multiple numbers don't work either.

@wonmyung wrote:

Calling to South Korea. And as I mentioned, I've used it so far and recently and suddenly it didn't work.

Is it just one number or multiple. Are you able to dial it using another LD service? 

Any chance you have used up your international minutes.

Log into http://selfserve.publicmobile.ca and see if it's showing ### / 400 or if it's disappeared which means it is used up.

wonmyung

Calling to South Korea. And as I mentioned, I've used it so far and recently and suddenly it didn't work.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wonmyung  What error message are you getting? Try rebooting phone. If that doesn't work turn airplane mode on. Wait 10 minutes. Turn off. Reboot. Try calling again. Working?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@wonmyung Which country are you trying to dial to? There are only 18 countries you can dial a number to. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/t...

Need Help? Let's chat.