cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call certain local numbers

user2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have been trying to make a local call to a 416 number but get the recorded message asking me to check the number or call *611.

The number is fine and is reachable using other services.

I have tried all previoisly suggested in the community including dialing1 before the number, decativating-reavtivating account folllowed by restarting the phone, and checking the SIM number, nothing worked.

My plan doesn't have any call restrictions Canada wide,

I need to make this phone call and receive call back from them IMMEDIATELY!

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

@user2020 wrote:

I love brainstorming, just found what was wrong. The number I was trying to call doesn't accpet annonymous calls as it was the case when I tried calling using Google hangout. So I checked my phone and it was set on hide caller ID. Changed it to Network Default and all is good. 

Now, how do I cancel the submitted ticket?

@user2020  Glad you figured it out Smiley Happy As for the ticket don't worry about it. When the Moderator sends you a private message just reply back and ask them to close the ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@user2020 wrote:

I love brainstorming, just found what was wrong. The number I was trying to call doesn't accpet annonymous calls as it was the case when I tried calling using Google hangout. So I checked my phone and it was set on hide caller ID. Changed it to Network Default and all is good. 

Good figuring.

I don't think there's a way to cancel. When they get to you just thank them and say you got it figured out.

It's a lot of why regulars here don't like to just send people off to the moderators at every turn.

Some people set their phones to say that they don't accept anonymous callers. Others might go straight to voicemail. So I open my visibility and call them. Then go private after.

user2020

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

user2020

I can only guess: VoIP calls are anonymous, maybe that's why. Nevertheless, calling that number using any other mobile carerrier never had such an issue that I am having with my Public.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@user2020 wrote:

The number doens't accept VoIP calls. That's why it's so curicial to get it working on regular phone.

So your service works calling anything else? If the "number doens't accept VoIP calls" then maybe they're filtering and screening other calls. Why wouldn't the number accept a VoIP call? Seems odd.

user2020

The number doens't accept VoIP calls. That's why it's so curicial to get it working on regular phone.

user2020

OK, tks, just submitted. We'll see what happens.

While you wait for an answer @user2020 install the TextNow app and use it over WiFi or data to make your call. Or if your phone is an Android one, you can use Google hangouts and Google dialer combined to do it.

@user2020 wrote:

Already did, on Sunday, still no aswer from them.

Typically they respond in 24/48 hours.

Send them another via private message.

CLICK HERE 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@user2020 what is the message when you call *611? Thanks.

user2020

Already did, on Sunday, still no aswer from them.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could submit a ticket to a moderator. If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   -> Click Chat with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

Yes as said above you should contact moderators.

Two ways to reach them

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at link below

CLICK HERE 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@user2020 

Your account may not be set up properly. 

You should contact moderator to check your account.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Need Help? Let's chat.