cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t call an area code 647 number with my plan

jonathanlo83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an phone plan which includes unlimited province calling (Ontario) but I am not able to call  an area code 647 615 #### number. Can the moderator look into this and advise?

11 REPLIES 11

haraldguenther
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes of course

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@jonathanlo83 wrote:

I have an phone plan which includes unlimited province calling (Ontario) but I am not able to call  an area code 647 615 #### number. Can the moderator look into this and advise?

If you are on $15 province wide plan, I would suggest to switch to $15 Canada wide plan. Same cost, wider area to call (even if you do not need it now, but it might get handy in the future).

@haraldguenther wrote:

I also can not call 647 area code numbers. They can call me, but when I reply or try to instigate a call or text I am forwarded to a message saying that number does not exist. I have tried all possible options with no success. Btw, I have 24 years professional tech support exp. This issue is not at my end. Harry Guenther

@haraldguenther 

I would contact moderator team/PM employees to check what is happening on PM's end.   

Click on chat icon on right lower corner of website.  Follow prompts to submit ticket for moderator help. It takes usually a few hours for moderators to respond.  Check your inbox for their private message.  

@haraldguenther  did you try adding a 1 in front of the area code?  1-647-xxx-xxxx   ?

haraldguenther
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also can not call 647 area code numbers. They can call me, but when I reply or try to instigate a call or text I am forwarded to a message saying that number does not exist. I have tried all possible options with no success. Btw, I have 24 years professional tech support exp. This issue is not at my end. Harry Guenther

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jonathanlo83 wrote:

Can you please log in to your self serve account and see what your payment due date is? If it says 1969 you'll likely need help from the mods. A few people had this problem yesterday.

For info on the mods check here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Or you can open a ticket via SIMon the chat bot here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

Care to say what happens when you try calling the number?

Does it fail? Does it give you a message like sorry number is not valid to call or no long distance?

@jonathanlo83 wrote:

Yes I have included.

Not sure why you would not be able to call then, maybe try rebooting your phone?

jonathanlo83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I have included.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jonathanlo83 wrote:

Make sure to add +1 in front of all numbers when dialling. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

What happens when you try calling it? Does it say any type of message?

To reach a moderator see pic below

Simon.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.