cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t activate

Aric
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

First it took forever to get through to the payment page and when we finally got there it timed out. Now we can’t sign in (doesn’t recognize username or password) and when we try to go through the entire process again now it says the Sim that was working earlier is now invalid. Losing our minds here... any help out there?

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Niro wrote:

Punishing customers for their own mistake seems pretty lame. I checked with the referrer and they got the their discount. Not sure if I'm getting the $10 credit or not. I expected better, but if this is a warning of things to come, I might as well just drop it and switch to a provider that can actually handle something as trivial as a signup form.

A couple referrals that I've done the credit showed up the next day.

Seems there's updated information on the after the fact. Seems they will do both sides after the fact. This factoid comes courtesy of the other guy participating in this thread.

@Niro wrote:

Punishing customers for their own mistake seems pretty lame. I checked with the referrer and they got the their discount. Not sure if I'm getting the $10 credit or not. I expected better, but if this is a warning of things to come, I might as well just drop it and switch to a provider that can actually handle something as trivial as a signup form.

@Niro  Your $10 will show up within the next 48 hours.

Niro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Niro wrote:

I'll ask him. I got the code from reddit's referral bot, so might take a while to find out.

@Niro  Your referral credit will show up in your account within 48 hours of activating your account. If it doesn't then message the moderator team and they will add it for you.

An experienced Oracle here (mimmo) says that the reward can be granted after activation but the credit would not be given.

I've yet to hear if people have experienced different outcomes.

@Anonymous I'm speaking from experience so I guess you can increase that counter by one. 🙂

Oh excellent. Thanks for letting us know.

I always wondered that it didn't seem really fair to the new customer. But I deferred to the experience of an Oracle.

Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Niro wrote:

I'll ask him. I got the code from reddit's referral bot, so might take a while to find out.

@Niro  Your referral credit will show up in your account within 48 hours of activating your account. If it doesn't then message the moderator team and they will add it for you.

An experienced Oracle here (mimmo) says that the reward can be granted after activation but the credit would not be given.

@Anonymous I'm speaking from experience so I guess you can increase that counter by one. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Niro wrote:

@Niro wrote:

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@NiroThe moderators are the final arbitor of all things credit.. it doesn't hurt to ask, but don't be surprised if you don't get it.

Niro

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Niro wrote:

Thanks, that worked. It looks like it didnt apply my referral code that I entered when signing up initially. It saved most of the things like my alternative phone number, but I dont see the $10 credit it was supposed to get nor do I see anywhere I can add a referral code. Am I missing something or am I out of luck?

Did your referral get a text saying they got a referral?

If it worked then it'll likely show up in your Available Funds tomorrow some time.

Niro

Thanks, that worked. It looks like it didnt apply my referral code that I entered when signing up initially. It saved most of the things like my alternative phone number, but I dont see the $10 credit it was supposed to get nor do I see anywhere I can add a referral code. Am I missing something or am I out of luck?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Niro wrote:

I just popped out the SIM card and put it back in and it recognized it. It seems to have charged my credit card and it's working, but I can't log into my account. I'm guessing this is because the signup got messed up midway through. I can make calls and the phone's working fine, but I can't log into my account.

Btw, I did not wait 3h before trying again. The first time, I waited an hour before trying again. When that failed I just tried different browsers and incognito mode and so forth.

Try clicking on the upper right orange My Account and on the right side try to create your self-serve account.

Niro

I just popped out the SIM card and put it back in and it recognized it. It seems to have charged my credit card and it's working, but I can't log into my account. I'm guessing this is because the signup got messed up midway through. I can make calls and the phone's working fine, but I can't log into my account.

Btw, I did not wait 3h before trying again. The first time, I waited an hour before trying again. When that failed I just tried different browsers and incognito mode and so forth.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Niro wrote:

I've got the same problem. Timed out while making payment. Don't even know if it went through or not. The page basically told me to start anew but that's when I cant even get past the first page of the process.

Been trying this for the past 3h and still no luck. I tried incognito mode, wiping all cookie/local storage data and it just keeps saying invalid sim. 

In those 3 hours did you leave it alone for an hour in between tries? Is your payment method charged?

Niro

I've got the same problem. Timed out while making payment. Don't even know if it went through or not. The page basically told me to start anew but that's when I cant even get past the first page of the process.

Been trying this for the past 3h and still no luck. I tried incognito mode, wiping all cookie/local storage data and it just keeps saying invalid sim. 

Lilzee

That happened to me as well when I tried to activate my sim card! It would tell me that my sim number is invalid. 

Basically, I closed all web pages related to public mobile and waited for an hour before trying the sim card number again and it worked! 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@AricDid you pay by credit card? If so check your credit card account to see if there is any pending charges from Public Mobile. If that's there is a charge, you likely have a provisioning error and you will need to contact the moderators. Be patient as it might take them a while to get to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

try it different browser internet , clearing cache or incognito mode.

Microsoft Edge or Chrome incognito works well 🙂

Good Luck 🙂

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Aric wrote:

First it took forever to get through to the payment page and when we finally got there it timed out. Now we can’t sign in (doesn’t recognize username or password) and when we try to go through the entire process again now it says the Sim that was working earlier is now invalid. Losing our minds here... any help out there?

@Aric  Try inserting the sim card in the phone and see if it's activated.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Aric wrote:

You will need to wait about an hour and try again.  If you weren't last time it is best to use your browser in private or incognito mode as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.