cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate the sim card

maxxxx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a new sim card,and went through steps to payment. Suddenly I felt unsafe and clicked a bunch of "previous" to double check the sim # I input before . After that, I was not be able to continue , page shows "invalid sim". How to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4

@maxxxx wrote:

wow, thank you.

@maxxxx 

No problem. Its so unlikely to enter the wrong sim card number and have it work. Kind of like looking at your credit card and flipping a few numbers around, its very hard to do. One other thing to note, if you actually did enter in the wrong sim card and it did work, then there would be no loss to you. The sim card you hold in your hand is not activated so once the account is set up you could just log in, and change the sim card to the current one you hold in your hand for free with no consequences to you. However the next person who buys the sim card you essentially destroyed, it would be a sad day for them... but like I said the chances of accidentally entering the wrong sim is extremely unlikely.

maxxxx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

wow, thank you.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@maxxxx  In a nut shell, that sim card is "locked" to another session for an activation for a certain amount of time. You most likely just need to wait 1 hour for the session to close.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@maxxxx wrote:

I received a new sim card,and went through steps to payment. Suddenly I felt unsafe and clicked a bunch of "previous" to double check the sim # I input before . After that, I was not be able to continue , page shows "invalid sim". How to fix it?

Clear your cache/browsing history remove all cookies associated with activate.publicmobile* and try another browser / disable add-ons / private browsing / incognito. If you are using safari / cell phone go to a real computer and if all that fails, wait an hour and try again.

If nothing ends up helping, I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. and explaining to them your issue, but it is more than likely the above steps will solve your issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.