Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate sim

Benselic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Whenever I try to get started and activate my sim it doesn't load the page 

12 REPLIES 12

@Benselic  As I mentioned earlier....with koodo or pc mobility prepaid you must activate with a temporary number first then get the moderators to transfer your number over for you. It cannot be done by you. You could contact the moderators now because it is unlikely you will get a response until tomorrow at the earliest. Meanwhile you can get your services working with the temporary number.

@Benselic wrote:

is it possible to activate my public mobile sim card and get a new number then port my old koodo prepaid number to public mobile later? or do i have to port right away before registering

Yes sign up and take a new number..make sure you keep Koodo prepaid account active...

Then log into your account and try change number

Screenshot_20191223_210328.jpg

It might be same outcome that you can't transfer....

So follow instructions to contact moderators listed on above post.

Don't forget to enter a referral code for$10 signup bonus 

Yes it is @Benselic . 

@Benselic wrote:

is it possible to activate my public mobile sim card and get a new number then port my old koodo prepaid number to public mobile later? or do i have to port right away before registering

Benselic

@darlicious what's this? Are you trying to be @CannonFodder ed?😉

@darlicious wrote:

@Benselic  There can be several reasons why you can't port your number. Are trying to port a number from pc mobility or koodo prepaid accounts? They require moderator hrlpbas they share the same back end as public mobile.

Are you the account holder? Is it from a business or corporate account? It could be your location there are some phone numbers that can't be moved to or from a certain area the provider doesn't have any phone numbers in that area.

@Benselic  There can be several reasons why you can't port your number. Are trying to port a number from pc mobility or koodo prepaid accounts? They require moderator help as they share the same back end as public mobile.

Are you the account holder? Is it from a business or corporate account? It could be your location there are some phone numbers that can't be moved to or from a certain area the provider doesn't have any phone numbers in that area.

Edit: @gblackma  unautocorrected

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I am using Opera browser on Windows 10 and it works fine.

No luck with Chrome, Edge, Firefox browsers.

@Benselic  If you are activating and trying to port take a temporary number instead. Get all of your services up and running first. Then you can go into your self serve account and port your number in later by using the change number feature.

@Benselic wrote:

im past that but now im trying to port my number and it is saying my number isnt eligable to port 

Koodo prepaid by chance?? If so you have to contact moderators to do the port.

Simon.JPG

Or via private message at link below

@@

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Benselic

im past that but now im trying to port my number and it is saying my number isnt eligable to port 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Benselic  Folks have mentioned that there's been issues with that earlier today, in various parts of the country. Either clear your browser's history, and try in Private/Incognito mode, or wait for a while and try again later.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Benselic try doing it Firefox/ edge or Google browsers in incognito/private mode . Also, leave the cc apt field blank,  if applicable enter your apt in the address field ie xxx  - street address .

@Benselic wrote:

Whenever I try to get started and activate my sim it doesn't load the page 

Need Help? Let's chat.