cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate account -Invalid Sim Code

djdave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased sim card from WalMart several days ago.  Have confirmed that the PM sim card is fully functional when inserted into iphone, yet when I try to activate my account, I am halted with 'invalid sim code' or number, or whatever. 

Wondering how I am going to login and port my number.  What now?

12 REPLIES 12

djdave

That's what was so great... You feel as if you're speaking to someone actually connected to the service. 2-hours on phone with Virgin this morning and every time you ask a question, it's...  We have transfer you to a different department! The unlocking department... The porting department, the cancel department, oy vey!

And as an added bonus, please hold and allow us to torture you with our home cooked, royalty free music. 

Thanks for the tips! 

D.  

@djdave wrote:

The confusion on the site was my own fault. Got a little overwhelmed with the activation, configuring of the account, signup for forums, etc.  All working well now. Phone has been successfully ported and the mod was amazingly helpful.  

Was a little skeptical on support through email only, but the service is far more personalized than what you'll ever experience at one of the big three and... You're not bounced around to 10 different reps while having to repeat the same thing over again.  This is welcomed support! 

Welcome to Public Mobile. Save the "Welcome to PM" email somewhere in case you need that info at a later date. Save your PIN numbers somewhere safe.

If you ever find you need help or guidance with any PM related problem or just have a "how to" question...come here to the Community Forum and someone is sure to offer assistance. Faster than any off shore call center and no crappy elevator music.

😷

djdave

The confusion on the site was my own fault. Got a little overwhelmed with the activation, configuring of the account, signup for forums, etc.  All working well now. Phone has been successfully ported and the mod was amazingly helpful.  

Was a little skeptical on support through email only, but the service is far more personalized than what you'll ever experience at one of the big three and... You're not bounced around to 10 different reps while having to repeat the same thing over again.  This is welcomed support! 

djdave

Thanks man... 

I managed to get into chat with a mod.  All seems to be moving forward now.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@djdave wrote:

So much for contacting a rep.  I get as far as the chat screen, that bot thing is asking /answering in irrelevancy. I finally think it's putting me through to a rep, but no... It now wants me to login to the community.  I'm already logged in!!!

So I play along and login to submit a ticket... *Invalid Login*!!! The bot of course, is telling me that I've has 5 unsuccessful logins. Um no... I've been logged in all along.  I understand this AI and all that, but in the primitive state it's in now, the shear amount of overhead it can add to an otherwise elemental process is astounding. 

@djdave   Unfortunately, having to login into the community account (even though you are already logged in) is part of the verification process.  But I'd agree with your assessment that it is quite confusing for most users trying to submit a ticket.  I'm not sure if you eventually managed to submit your ticket but if you didn't and don't want to use the bot again, you can private message Moderator_Team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Just note that response for tickets submitted via the chatbot take priority over the private message system, so you may have a longer wait time to hear back from moderators if you opt to use this link.

djdave

So much for contacting a rep.  I get as far as the chat screen, that bot thing is asking /answering in irrelevancy. I finally think it's putting me through to a rep, but no... It now wants me to login to the community.  I'm already logged in!!!

So I play along and login to submit a ticket... *Invalid Login*!!! The bot of course, is telling me that I've has 5 unsuccessful logins. Um no... I've been logged in all along.  I understand this AI and all that, but in the primitive state it's in now, the shear amount of overhead it can add to an otherwise elemental process is astounding. 

djdave

That worked. Self serve account is now setup. I am still confused as to what the activation process is for, or how the account was activated.  Does not matter... It works.  Now I can move onto porting. 

djdave

Let me be more clear... I did not try 611, but I did call another phone. I originally tried to do activation on a web browser. My latest attempt was on the phone with the PM sim card in it. 

djdave

Thanks for the fast help, I put the sim card in the phone and tried the activation process again. The form is not scaling properly for a mobile device, so the submission button is misaligned and does not work. 

Forgive me for sounding confused, but I've received a lot of information /replies and I am trying to process it all.  Someone said the account was already activated. Not sure how that could be if I did not complete the activation process.  Someone else asked if I could call 611? No, but I placed a phone call to someone and it worked.  I want to port from Virgin btw.

Thanks,

Dave  

@djdave @ try using your browser in incognito/private mode and try again in an hour. if you're coming from Telus or koodo you need to choose a new number then contact customer support to port your existing number over. and don't cancel your account the account will close once the port is finished

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@djdave you already activated your account. You just have to create a self service account.  Clear your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to create your self service account.  Use this link to do it https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

You need moderator help to port your number.  Type "Port Request" and follow the prompts to get to one. Give them the name on the account,  phone number to port and the old providers account number.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@djdave If you get that error as soon as you try activating your card then it means that the sim was activated. What do you mean when you say your sim is fully functional when inserting it into your iPhone? Can you make calls? What happens when you dial 611?

Need Help? Let's chat.