cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate SIM card

deniseneutel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I've tried setting up an account with Public Mobile. Everything went fine until I tried to pay and I received an Acttivation error. I've since received an email from publicmobile telling me that my self serve account and pin are setup. It also tells me I have an outstanding balance. 

I can't login to the self serve account, my email apparently is invalid. I can't create an account because I don't have the phone number associated with my SIM card. I can't activate my SIM card because it just says invalid SIM if I try to activate. 

Does anyone know what to do?

9 REPLIES 9

jchan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Mary_M

Thanks for completing my port and activation. I rebooted my phone but I still can't seem to make or receive calls.

On the top of my phone it still says "Emergency calls only". When I try to call my cell phone I get this message "6 UC 1, the number you have reached is not in service"

Is there anything else I need to do?

(I'm also assuming I won't be able to create my self-serve account since I need a working number to do it)

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @jchan

Thank you for your patience.

I have some good news - your account is now active and the port is complete ! Simply reboot your phone and enjoy your services 🙂 You should also be able to create your self-serve account.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

jchan

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same problem as described above by deniseneutel. 

Could you please help me as well?

thanks!

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @baby08

I'm sorry to hear that! 

Could you try activating your SIM card with a temporary number? Then, after the service is active, log into your Self Serve account and try to port your number (My Account > Change phone number). 

If after doing this you're still unable to transfer your number, could you send me this info via private message?

- Public Mobile SIM card number

- Phone number that you want to port

- Account number (from your previous phone carrier)

Thank you! 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

baby08

i try to activate sim card by using my same phone number from another carrier however it keeps telling it can't process just wonder what is going on?

deniseneutel

My phone number is now working. Thank you!

deniseneutel

My phone number is now working. Thank you!

Hello @deniseneutel

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

I'm sorry to hear about the activation issue Smiley Embarassed

I was able to quickly fix this for you, can you insert your SIM card in your phone and test your service?

Please also create your self-serve account here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

sounds like a mod will need to look at it. @Mary_M @Shazia_K

Are you sure the sim card # your entered online matches the sim card?

Need Help? Let's chat.