cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t activate SIM card

Shaner9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I bought 3 SIM cards and when I try to activate it and click the continue button at the end, it does nothing and I can not set up the account or activate.  I have tried several times including, resetting my cache

5 REPLIES 5

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Please check if your card was charged?

If yes try to use the sim, and please register your selfserve

If no, please wait for 50 minutes sim may be locked in previous session.

It's best to use incognito mode

Don't forget to use your friend's referral in your first sim and your referral on all the other sims. You can find it in your selfserve

Welcome to public mobile

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Shaner9 wrote:

Hi I bought 3 SIM cards and when I try to activate it and click the continue button at the end, it does nothing and I can not set up the account or activate.  I have tried several times including, resetting my cache

You might want to try the new online chat for activations.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Shaner9 what message are you getting when it refuses to activate? And can you check your credit card to see if it was charged?  Thanks.  If it was insert your SIM into your phone and try to login to your self service account.  Or set it up if your phone works. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Shaner9 

First, you should check whether your credit card was charged.  If charged, you can try to put the SIM card in the phone to see whether it works.  

If not charged, you can try again.  Maybe give some time in between attempts.  You can try a different web browser, incognito mode also.  Chrome incognito works well with this site.  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Shaner9 Did you try another browser or incognito mode or clearing cookies in addition to cache?

Need Help? Let's chat.