cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Receive Incoming calls or text

LordStark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! I'm new here =]

I recently (15 minutes ago) activated my Public Mobile SIM and ported my old wind number. I'm on the $120 plan. I cannot receive incoming calls or texts for some reason but I can make outgoing calls and send outgoing texts. Do I have to wait a bit for the number to work? Thanks in advance

17 REPLIES 17

@renia wrote:

I have also setup android APN.

Despite doing so, I cannot receive texts or calls, however, I can send!

For everyone's future reference, APN settings have nothing to do with calling or texting.  Unfortunately, you cannot fix text messaging or calilng issue with any amount of tinkering of APN settings.  Hope that helps future users who come across this.

LordStark

I waited!

Rhieann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
What did you do?

lukegan

I got the exact same problem as yours.

I have sent private message to @Mary_M yesterday, still waiting for reply.

It seems that the porting process is incomplete.

renia

Hi, 

Im having a similar problem.

I have a redmi note 3 - the phone has been verified as compatible with PM via the IMEI. 

I have also setup android APN.

Despite doing so, I cannot receive texts or calls, however, I can send!

I transferred my number from my previous sim card (fido), and whenever i insert it and seek to activate the sim, the phone cannot recognize the number for some reason (phone message error). 

One thing worth mentioning is that currently there are 2 sims that have my number - my new PM sim card and my old fido sim, which is still active. Im not sure if this may have something to do with it.

If anyone can help, I would very much appreicate it. Im new to the PM community.

Thanks,

Renata

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@daka_x yes, you need to do that.  Please private message @Saray_O with your PM SIM card number, your WIND account number, your WIND phone number you're porting, and your name exactly as it appears on your WIND statements/self-serve account, and she should be able to resolve the stuck port for you.

Please note that the moderators' shift ended at 9PM eastern, so you likely won't hear anything until some time after 9AM eastern tomorrow.  The moderators are experiencing some huge request volumes, so please try to be patient, and they will assist you as soon as possilbe.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

daka_x

Hey guys, getting the exact same issue after porting from WIND last night at around midnight (6PM now so 18 hours have passed). Noticed earlier that text messages weren't coming in and now I'm told calls go straight to voicemail. Wondering if I can go ahead and PM any mods w/necessary account info. Thanks.

Mbeckwi

thanks I already sent to Mary_M

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Mbeckwi

Send your message in private to @Shazia_K or @Mary_M. One of them will look into it for you.

Best,

Mbeckwi

I transferred from Bell yesterday at 4 and now can only make outgoing calls but I can receive texts...HELP

LordStark

@srlawren Thanks for the welcome! I am the one true Stark!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome to Public Mobile, @LordStark!  I'm glad things are working after the port completed.  Hope you enjoy your time here.

PS. are you Lord Eddard Stark, Lord Robert Stark, Lord Brandon Stark, Lord Rickon Stark, Lord Jon Snow/Stark, or other?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LordStark

It's working now, after waiting a bit. Thanks for the help folks!

That is normal porting behaviour: outgoing with new sim, incoming with old sim until port completes. In addition, your old account is automatically closed when the port has finished.

Usually porting a cell number is only a few hours, however Wind is often slow. If service is not functioning completely on PM by the morning notify us to alert the moderators.

Welcome aboard.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jakii3321

Hello, i have been having the same problem but after a week or so it worked! So stay put or get a new number. Good Luck! 😃

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Hello! Sorry to hear you have that problem. By the way, welcome to public mobile. Just refresh your phone (Restart it). It that doesn't help, one of our moderators will contact you asap. Enjoy your new plan, as well you new carrier. Best,

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It can take few mins to few hours to successfully port in your number.

Try rebooting your device and see things are normal. 

Need Help? Let's chat.