cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Receive Incoming Calls (new user)

lubinyeee23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all,

Having some issues with my phone that I set up last week. I switched my provider from Bell Canada to Public Mobile. I have access to calling others, receiving and sending text messages but people can't call my phone. Is there anything I can do to solve this issue? I bought the public mobile sim card online and attempted to port my number over, everything is working great other then incoming calls. 

Thanks in advance. 

16 REPLIES 16

itsawesome1234

They do this so you can still use data and make outgoing phone calls but until the port is complete incoming calls and texts cannot be received. I had the same issue coming to PM just wait for the port to complete (call someone and look at the caller ID if it's your phone number than the port worked if not then it's still being processed). It took about 6 hours until mine was completed (coming from freedom). 

I AM NOT A MODERATOR. Je ne suis pas un modérateur

@lubinyeee23 wrote:

Bell sim still works but I removed that sim card from my phone as I thought the phone was working properly. I cancelled my Bell plan as I wasnt going to pay 2 phone bills!

That last part was a mistake. You cannot port out number that has been cancelled or that has a service cancellation pending.  You'll probably need to contact Bell to undo this.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@lubinyeee23 Can you put your Bell SIM card back in to see if it is active? Bell is notorious for asking the subscriber to call in for to hear about their retention speel before releasing the number.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@iH wrote:

Thanks, Account activated,  but only to find out the porting failed later.  Maybe I should just ask for my money back

You can try some of the suggestions already mentioned in this thread earlier,  and if they don't work, then send a message to Moderator_Team using the links from above. 

Majority of the time the porting process completes without any problems, however, sometimes some glitch seems to stall the process.  Hopefully, the mods will get back to you soon.  Good luck.

iH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, Account activated,  but only to find out the porting failed later.  Maybe I should just ask for my money back

chad2001

Check to see if there's any other carrier profiles installed on your phone that might be interfering with PM service (on an iPhone:  General-->Profile-->APN Carrier Settings and remove that profile) 

I've helped several relatives porting their numbers over to PM.   Bell and Freedom shouldn't take hours.  Rogers did take hours up to a day.  PetroCanada Mobility is the one that I had to manually remove the installed profiles to get data to work.

Also, you mentioned you cancelled Bell, you shouldn't have done that, that might have interfered with the porting process.  When the porting process complete, which could take up to 24-48 hours, your Bell account would be automatically cancelled.  I wonder if your cancellation of your Bell account before porting is complete might have contributed to your issue?!

@lubinyeee23 wrote:

This trick didn't work? I guess I just have to wait for the mod team to handle this? Anything else I can do in the process?!?

Did you restart your phone after the trick?  Also try the one dollar top up to your account and restart the phone.

lubinyeee23

This trick didn't work? I guess I just have to wait for the mod team to handle this? Anything else I can do in the process?!?

lubinyeee23

Yup very strange, everything else is working well. Hope the mod team replies if this lost / stolen trick doesn't work out. 

lubinyeee23

Bell sim still works but I removed that sim card from my phone as I thought the phone was working properly. I cancelled my Bell plan as I wasnt going to pay 2 phone bills!

lubinyeee23

I'm going to try this lost / stolen phone reset trick, I'll let you know if this works. 

@iH you need to activate your sim /account in order to start the porting process you have done what you should have done so I guess you will need to be patient it should be done soon good luck

iH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same issue here.  I had my number activated ok, payment taken,  everything worked other than incoming calls,  literally nobody can call my number.  Contacted moderator team,  and they said the number porting was not successful and it could take hours.  But why did they have the sim activated in the first place if they failed to port the number after several hours?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lubinyeee23 wrote:

Hey all,

Having some issues with my phone that I set up last week. I switched my provider from Bell Canada to Public Mobile. I have access to calling others, receiving and sending text messages but people can't call my phone. Is there anything I can do to solve this issue? I bought the public mobile sim card online and attempted to port my number over, everything is working great other then incoming calls. 

Thanks in advance. 

Since you can receive text message, Bell already released you number to PM.

Your plan may not be provision correctly.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lubinyeee23 wrote:

Hey all,

Thanks in advance. 

@lubinyeee23  Does your Bell sim still work? 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lubinyeee23 wrote:

Hey all,

Thanks in advance. 

Have you tried rebooting, adding one dollar top up to your account, and or the lost/stolen trick? 

It could be the port hasn't properly provisioned and if nothing helps, you'll need to contact the Moderator_Team by clicking the envelope icon top right of your post or here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Wait time to hear back is maybe 2+ days right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.