cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Port a number error on webpage PLEASE HELP!

matthewdchin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to activate a sim card and port in a number but i get stuck on the 2 Phone number page. After filling out the information I press process button and the page hangs and i get a website that says 

Generic Error

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

I have tried several times but each time it says the same thing. Someone please help!!

9 REPLIES 9

matthewdchin

Thanks I re entered on chrome browser and it works now. Thanks for all the responses !

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@matthewdchin wrote:

I tried but still didnt work. now shows up as Invalid SIM

Put your PM SIM card in your phone and restart your phone to check whether it was activated or not.

@matthewdchin wrote:

I believe that as long as the error didn't happen afte the payment page, you might still be okay.  For now I would clear the browser's caches, close the browser, and then trying in about 30 minutes to an hour.  If that doesn't work, you'll have to contact moderators to complete the failed activation or to possibly find a way to get that sim card replaced.

matthewdchin

matthewdchin

I opened up a new browser and entered the info again. At first it said I have to wait 50 mins for session to end because my sim number is used in a current process... Then after I waited 50 mins. The message now says my sim number is invalid....

not sure what to do 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@matthewdchin 

Restart your browser after getting any error from PM self-serve portal because it does not clean up the session error properly.  Restart your browser will ensure starting a new session.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@matthewdchin wrote:

I want to activate a sim card and port in a number but i get stuck on the 2 Phone number page. After filling out the information I press process button and the page hangs and i get a website that says 

Generic Error

Oh no! 

I have tried several times but each time it says the same thing. Someone please help!!

During activation are you choosing a new number or trying to port your existing number? The safest way to do it is to select a new number (temporary) and then do the port later after the activation goes through and you account has been setup.

matthewdchin

wow thanks for the super quick response I will try that now!. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@matthewdchin wrote:

Generic Error

Oh no! 

Clear your cache/browsing history remove all cookies associated with *.publicmobile.* and try another browser / disable add-ons / private browsing / incognito. If you are using safari / cell phone go to a real computer and if all that fails, wait an hour and try again.

If nothing ends up helping, I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. and explaining to them your issue, but it is more than likely the above steps will solve your issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.