cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Complete Activation

eyd_b
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I reach to the last step of my SIM activation, but when I press on activate, I get an error that my transaction can't be processed asking me to check my card details although the amount is 0 and I didn't add any card details in the page! I have been trying since yesterday with no luck. I tried using different devices and browsers.

12 REPLIES 12

jaguarbass

What browser are you using? Try and delete your cache on your browser and then try and go through the process.

There are sometimes "One Month Free" promotions where it is really the Second month free, not the first. I haven't heard of a First Month Free promotion but..maybe. If you intend on doing Autopay going forward I would put credit card info in and see what happens.

AE_Collector

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@eyd_b wrote:

I had a promotion code that gives first month of $40 plan for free

Oh, I've never even heard of such a promotion. Usually they refund you afterwards.
Have you figured it out by now? If not, is there a spot to fill out the credit card info? Maybe you need to do that anyway even if you don't owe anything.

That said, if you can activate like right now before the promo ends you can save more money doing the $10 off for 6 months promo instead?:

"Effective November 15 2019 until November 21 2019 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who activate online and in participating stores. Offer is not stackable with other promotions.

$10 credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans of $35/mo or higher for the first 6 months. Discount will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note, the first credit will be applied within 30 days of activation, the remaining monthly credits will be applied prior to each renewal date. This offer is subject to change without notice."

But if you miss this promo or rather get the $40 and all all else fails open a ticket and hopefully the mods can figure it out.
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/
Type in rep

eyd_b

@DanielleMarie wrote:

@eyd_b wrote:

I am not using any card, the amount is 0 and there is nothing to pay...

How is there no amount owing? You picked a plan, right?

I had a promotion code that gives first month of $40 plan for free

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@eyd_b wrote:

How is there no amount owing? You picked a plan, right?

eyd_b

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @eyd_b 

Could you please elaborate moor  "I didn't add any card details in the page!" What page did you mean? Are you on the payment page?

Thanks

Yes, it's the payment page, step 5 in the activation process...

public.JPG

eyd_b

@computergeek541 wrote:

@eyd_b wrote:

I reach to the last step of my SIM activation, but when I press on activate, I get an error that my transaction can't be processed asking me to check my card details although the amount is 0 and I didn't add any card details in the page! I have been trying since yesterday with no luck. I tried using different devices and browsers.

Public Mobile sometimes give payment error messages but charges the card anyway. Check your online banking. If you haven't been charged, check if it lets you try activation again.

If your credit card was charged, check if the Public Mobile service works.

eyd_b

@GinYVR wrote:

@eyd_bSounds like it is your card address, make sure you leave your apartment # blank and no space between postal code. Alternatively you can purchase a voucher from any store for your first month's amount and use that instead.

Thanks, but I haven't added any card details because the "Amount Owing" is 0, I don't have any amount to pay neither by card nor voucher...

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @eyd_b 

Could you please elaborate moor  "I didn't add any card details in the page!" What page did you mean? Are you on the payment page?

Thanks

@eyd_b wrote:

Public Mobile sometimes give payment error messages but charges the card anyway. Check your online banking. If you haven't been charged, check if it lets you try activation again.

If your credit card was charged, check if the Public Mobile service works.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@eyd_b wrote:

Have you tried clearing your cache and using your browser in privacy or incognito mode?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@eyd_bSounds like it is your card address, make sure you leave your apartment # blank and no space between postal code. Alternatively you can purchase a voucher from any store for your first month's amount and use that instead.

Need Help? Let's chat.