cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone advice me

raghu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

I use my cell phone only to call from Mayo to Whitehorse when I travel for 4 days how can I get a  cheaper plan now I pay $40 which expires new month I am on auto pay.

Thanks

Raghu

15 REPLIES 15

raghu

Thanks that should work

Raghu

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@raghu wrote:

Some messages are completed subject wise so can I delete them if so

@raghu marking the thread as solved (as you already have) should be sufficient. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

raghu

Some messages are completed subject wise so can I delete them if so

raghu

As there is lot of messages can I delete some of it

@raghu, you cannot delete your thread.  It is part of the community forum.  This is all public information.  Please do not post personal information In the community forum, an search engines scrape through here all the time.

NOTE, I’m not saying you have posted personal info, just a warning for the future.

@raghu wrote:

Thanks again as there is lots of messages how do I delete them is there a tutorial.Please inform.

Thanks

Raghu

You shouldn't delete the content of your messages because then the thread doesn't make sense anymore. (You can't delete the message itself on this public forum.) Not sure if this is what you meant, though.

Tutorial for what process exactly? You can start by reading articles in the knowledge base. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/knowledge_base

And, after reading there, you still have specific questions feel free to come back to the community and ask your questions - we are happy to help.

raghu

Thanks again as there is lots of messages how do I delete them is there a tutorial.Please inform.

Thanks

Raghu

@raghu wrote:

Can I get it for 3 months or should I go for Auto pay evry month.

Thanks

Raghu

Didn't address autopay: You can also enable autopay for a 90day plan.

Autopay enabled gives you $2 off for every 30days on your plan. You can still pay with vouchers - the system first takes any available rewards (the $2 if you have your credit card registered for autopay, but also referral and community rewards if you have earned them), then applies available funds and only then applies the remainder to your credit card.

All prices are before tax since tax is applied at point of sale, either at the time you pay the merchant for the voucher or on your credit card bill.

@raghu

There is no real advantage for talk only plans for getting 3 months versus 1 month.  No cost advantage.  

Personally, I prefer monthly plans.  If there is a special deal or promotion, I can leave basically at anytime.  If I paid for three months, if I leave early, I lose the remaining time left.  Public mobile will no repay me back if I leave earlier.  

@raghu wrote:

Thanks

Raghu

@raghu

Depends on the plan.

If you are going for a ready made promo plan you have to go with the 30day period they are designed for.

If you use the plan builder you can choose 30 or 90 days, whatever is more convenient for you. There is no financial incentive to go for 90days any more - you are just paying 3 times the 30day plan cost.

This doesn't apply if you are going for the talk option only, but it's encouraged to play with the plan builder and try different options - there are combinations in there where an "upgrade" makes the plan same or cheaper cost due to a three choice rebate for example.

raghu

Thanks

Raghu

srlawren

@raghu wrote:

Hello,

I use my cell phone only to call from Mayo to Whitehorse when I travel for 4 days how can I get a  cheaper plan now I pay $40 which expires new month I am on auto pay.

Thanks

Raghu

@raghu you only use it for calling, and only while physically in the Yukon and calling other phone numbers in the Yukon?  You don't text or use mobile data?  If so, you should look at the $20 unlimited province-wide talk plan (with no data or texting):  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/yt/plans/20unlimitedtalk

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@raghu wrote:

Hello,

Thanks

Raghu

@raghu  not sure if you were asking what plans were available or how to change plans.  I read teh question  how do you change to a cheaper plan.  if that is the case then loginto slefserve (my account )  and once logged in you will see a change plan button select the plan you want then click change  on next  renewal button. that will make teh pla change on your next renewal.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@raghu You can get a $30 plan with unlimited talk canada-wide, text & 500MB data. Or $10 plan with 50 mins talk but if you need more minutes, you can purchase add-ons for $8 with 200 mins or $15 for 400 mins. 

killer23d

If you are using for calls, then you should not be paying $40. How much calls are you using and if you use less than 50 min/month the $10 plan would work.

You are not going to have issues with coverage in Yukon on Telus/PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.