cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only access voicemail by manually dialing phone number

brandonmt1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I tap on the new voicemail notification, it brings me to the voicemail settings screen where it says "Voicemail number (not set)". If I tap that and enter my number, it says "Failed to read data / Voicemail number change unsuccessful". This happens if I do or don't put a +1 in front.

Holding down 1 in the call screen gives me "Missing voicemail number / no voicemail number is stored on the SIM card."

I can access the voicemail and it works normally if I call my phone number.

Phone is running android  6.0.1.

9 REPLIES 9

@cturnbull666

It would be easier if you ask your question in a new post....

to join the moderator... click on thé envelopp right up on this page... write moderator_team in SEND TO and explain what happened....

cturnbull666
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am a new user to public mobile, and I am having the same problem as brandonmt1 above.

Tried power cycling my phone a couple times with no luck. 

From reading this thread it appears that this is a problem on the "back end" of my account and a public mobile moderator should be able to fix it?

thanks, 

@Mary_M wrote:

Hey @brandonmt1,

Thank you for raising concern regarding your your voicemail number!

I've tried making the changes in the back-end, can you please power cycle your phone and test the VM access? (long press 1)

Please let me know how it goes 🙂

Mary

" 

Can only access voicemail by manually dialing phone number

If I tap on the new voicemail notification, it brings me to the voicemail settings screen where it says "Voicemail number (not set)". If I tap that and enter my number, it says "Failed to read data / Voicemail number change unsuccessful". This happens if I do or don't put a +1 in front.

Holding down 1 in the call screen gives me "Missing voicemail number / no voicemail number is stored on the SIM card."

I can access the voicemail and it works normally if I call my phone number."

mog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My father in law is having the same trouble. His voicemail is set up, but he cannot call the voicemail automatically. Can you pls look at his too?

brandonmt1

It worked, thank you.

The voicemail retreival number is supposed to be saved on the sim card, but sometimes it can show up as blank if it was never pushed by the network properly. When a customer activates cellular service, the system is supposed to provision the appropriate number for your account, as well as well as writing your phone number electronically on to the sim card as part of the initial set up process.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @brandonmt1,

Thank you for raising concern regarding your your voicemail number!

I've tried making the changes in the back-end, can you please power cycle your phone and test the VM access? (long press 1)

Please let me know how it goes 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@brandonmt1 The not set field is where you put the number. Try entering something else and go back to enter your number. 

brandonmt1

I can't find a voicemail set-up option in settings. Under the Voicemail heading in Call settings, there is service provider, voicemail settings (in which there is only the not set number), alert sound, and vibrate.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I never had this problem on android. I just hit the voicemail notification and it dials my number to access voicemails.

Try this,

In the phone app, go to Settings>Calls>Voicemail>Setup and change the voicemail number to something else. You will get the error. Go back to setting the number and enter your number with +1. It should set the number you type even if you get the error.

Need Help? Let's chat.