cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not receive calls

asvip
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I just activated my sim card, and transferring my number from freedom mobile, i can receive text, make phone call, and use internet, but can not receive calls (it goes right to voice mail), and I only get 1 or 2 bars signal at home( I have full signal when i with freedom mobile).

Is anyone know what is going on?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @erwinkooi, It should not take that long to port in a number if it was from another cell carrier.  If you were porting from a cell carrier, something went wrong.  Send a private message to the moderator team to get them to investigate for you.  They are on-line until 9pm (EST), so they might not get to you tonight, but they will be back at 9AM.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

erwinkooi

Hi, I've transferred to public mobile a week ago, I understand it takes some time for the transfer to propagate, but I am still not able to receive calls and texts. Please advise.

rohan34

@echf
Exactly signal bar doesn't bother me
Reception and quality always fabulous even though I m on only getting a single bar sometimes pretty solid network
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

LTE aren't strong at indoor signal penetration. That's just the nature of electromagnetic wave.

If you fall back to 3G, you wil have better signal (Because of longer wavelength).

According to my experience, signal strength doesn't really matter as long as your data and calls works. 1 bar or 2 bars signal shown on your phone is just what the algorithm tells you, your network experience doesn't really have that much different. 

FYI Porting process may take up to few hours. If you have question, contact the moderator! They are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 5:30pm

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

With respect to your poor reception, what is your city?

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Your number porting process is either in process or stuck some time it's takes time to port your number from other carrier give some time did you received a text msg you will receive a text msg once porting get completed but don't close your freedom mobile account once everything done from public mobile side your freedom mobile will be canceled by its self if it's taking longer time then you can send a msg to mod dept they will look after you

In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
If you were trying to transfer a number from another carrier also include: 
* old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill
* old carrier phone number
* the name, exactly as shown on your bill
* an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own
Your old SIM should continue working until the port-in completes; don't cancel your old account.
 Here is the link for how to contact moderators
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Don't worry about signal bars specially if you using iPhone signals kind of always bit low but service still will be awesome I came from freedom too believe me you won't be regret at all
Public mobile offer great service with great benefits and awesom moderators team welcome to public mobile
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.