cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not make calls

Paddy911
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a $15 plan with 100 minutes of call time Canada wide. When I make a call a message comes on the phone from Public that states I do not have a plan that allows me calls. I would like this corrected.

Thanks Patrick

10 REPLIES 10

Paddy911

Thanks to all who replied . Problem solved . Pulled the SIM card and did the restart . working again .

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Paddy911 wrote:

I have checked my info all good 100 minutes available. Recording says I don't have  talk in my plan.

You account may not be provisioned correctly.  Adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Paddy911 In the worst case, you can create a ticket with moderators and ask them to reboot your account on their end, and it will help.

@Paddy911 wrote:

I have checked my info all good 100 minutes available. Recording says I don't have  talk in my plan.

@Paddy911 

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  Do a network reset.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off. 

Oops sorry I just saw your answer I guess posted while I was typing.

It's possible you are missdialing and calling usai number

If not try restarting your phone

If you didn't work contact moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Paddy911 

Do you still have minutes available?

If yes

Check if you are missdialing and trying to reach a number outside Canada. If not please contact moderatora https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

If not

You have couple of options, the extra minutes are really cheap 1c per minute, you have to buy 500 minutes but they will never expire.

If you still have autopay you can use fongo or TextNow with your data, if you have very little to no data you can use fongo to transfer your call to your cellphone as you should have unlimited incoming.

You can also contact moderators to renew early

If your needs are not met with 100 outgoing minutes you can consider upgrading to 25

Paddy911

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you have used up your minutes.  Log into your account and if no minutes appear then they have been used up.  You can purchase an add-on for 500 minutes for $5.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Paddy911 

Check if you see the 100 minutes counter in your add on section in your overview.  If you don't see it, that means you ran out of minutes this 30 day cycle.

You can then buy a $5 talk add on for 500 Can wide minutes.  Unused minutes roll over.  

Pasted Graphic 11.png

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you used all 100 of your minutes? Keeping in mind it doesn't reset at the start of the month but every 30 days.

Check your account in "My Account" and see if it shows any minutes left. If it does, try restarting your phone.

If that still doesn't work, go to "My Account" again and report the phone lost. Wait about 5 minutes (give or take) and then report it found. It should refresh your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.