cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not call in and receive text

nan123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought the SIM card from Walmart and the staff helped me to transfer my number from Bell to Public Mobile a few days ago. I am able to call out, but I can not call in and get the text someone sent me. I called Telus. The staff said someone will call me back to deal with this problem, but no one call me so far. I called Bell and they said the number is still at Bill, so I asked them cancelled my number from Bell, but now, if someone is calling me, my number is not in service. Is here anyone knows how to deal with this problem? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

@nan123 wrote:

I bought the SIM card from Walmart and the staff helped me to transfer my number from Bell to Public Mobile a few days ago. I am able to call out, but I can not call in and get the text someone sent me. I called Telus. The staff said someone will call me back to deal with this problem, but no one call me so far. I called Bell and they said the number is still at Bill, so I asked them cancelled my number from Bell, but now, if someone is calling me, my number is not in service. Is here anyone knows how to deal with this problem? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunatley, by cancelling your Bell service, they did exactly as you asked. No one at Public Mobile can help you now. The only people who can help you now are at Bell.  It's actually pretty disturbing that the person at Bell cancelled your service knowing that you were trying to port out the number.  That's terrible.

Yeah you may have "shot yourself in the foot" cancelling your number at Bell. Worst case you have to get a new number now with Public Mobile.

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nan123 

You cannot port your Bell number if your account is canceled.  Follows mimmo instruction to re-activate your account so that you can get PM moderator to complete porting your Bell number to PM.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. 

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nan123  call bell right away and ask them to reacivate your bell account.

then use the question mark on teh bottom and say failed port. follow teh prompts to submit a ticket and get your port completed.

the walmart person endered (or you provided) bad porting info so the port did not complete.  

your bell number needs to be active to initiate and compete a port.

Edit: to port a number use your bell account number and the name on teh account exatly (even with spelling errors)

nan123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nan123 

Your port was incomplete from Bell. You should not have cancelled your Bell number.  You need active Bell number for PM to complete port. 

I would suggest calling Bell back to reactivate your original number.

Then contact moderator to help complete the port. Click on question mark on right lower corner of website. Type: contact moderator. Follow prompts to submit ticket to get moderator help. 

Need Help? Let's chat.