cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not answer Phone call

SB4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a XIAMO MIA2 lite with Android Q  an incoming call rings but I ca not answer the call. I can answer incoming calls when I use the Fongo app but not with Public Mobile

13 REPLIES 13

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@SB4 this is a known issue with Xiaomi. try checking your phone dialer settings and disabling "volte" option and keep your phone on 3g

do a network settings reset:

• open settings
  • scroll down to system
  • tap on reset options
  • tap reset wifi,mobile & Bluetooth
  • tap reset settings and restart

do you know if your stock dialer app is the "the Google phone" app?

@SB4 wrote:

It is set at 3g and still does not work. I have an old phone I will try the sim in it and see what happens.

Thanks

@SB4  If that is the case then it's probably a hardware issue. Another thing you can try is to boot your phone on safe mode and see if it works. If it does, then maybe a third party app is causing the problem. Are you using the stock android dialer? 

payammasjedi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, let’s try this

Does your phone has a call forward on? If yes, try to turn it off.

I also suggest to go to the phone app and in the setting, find the option of answering mode and set it to factory setting. Sometimes it gets mixed with other apps (since Android has a tendency to do the setting of other apps in the entire system).

One other option is to check default app for calling in setting/apps/default app and change it from Fongo to Phone.

SB4

It is set at 3g and still does not work. I have an old phone I will try the sim in it and see what happens.

Thanks

@SB4 wrote:

Ok I will try speaker next I get a call.

Thanks

@SB4  If speaker phone also does not work, then please note that Public Mobile uses 3G exclusively for calling so if in your settings you have your phone to manually connect to LTE only then that might be the problem. It should be set to automatic or a combo of LTE/3G/UMTS because the phone needs to be able to drop down the connection to 3G when receiving/making a call.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SB4 wrote:

No I did not port my number  it is new from Public Mobile and I have rebooted and reset the sim card many times.

@SB4   Are you able to try your SIM in another phone?

SB4

Ok I will try speaker next I get a call.

Thanks

SB4

No I did not port my number  it is new from Public Mobile and I have rebooted and reset the sim card many times.

payammasjedi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you recently activated the service, try resetting the network setting (which resets everything including your wifi password) and try again.

In case you transfer your number, it happened to me as well and you have to wait around one or two hours and then restart the device.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SB4 wrote:

I have a XIAMO MIA2 lite with Android Q  an incoming call rings but I ca not answer the call. I can answer incoming calls when I use the Fongo app but not with Public Mobile

@SB4  That sounds like a hardware issue. Try using speakerphone next time a call comes in. If it works then it's your phone that is the problem.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@SB4  did you port your number?  If you did it takes up to 3 hours to complete from another cell provider amd up to 7 days from a voip provider or landline.Stay safe. Welcome to the community, 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SB4 wrote:

@SB4   If you just activated and ported your number then the process may not be complete, it can take upto 3 hours for completion.

Meanwhile try rebooting your phone a few times.  You can carry on using your old SIM until it stops working. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  If you have another phone then try swapping the sim card.

Need Help? Let's chat.