cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can make outgoing calls, no incoming calls.

hoeroLLa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, me and my wife recently transferred from Fido. We're both on the $15 monthly plan and we've successfuly paid for the current month with auto pay. However, whenever I try or anyone tries to call her number, it aays that it is unavailable at the moment. But if she's the one calling, there isnt any problem. Please help. Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sounds like you were waiting for your phone# to be ported over. You would be able to call out and others calling you would go to your old providers voicemail.

Cheymie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, it's me who's experiencing the problem on my account. I think the moderators fixed my husband's account because he received a reply that they did. But I still can't receive calls but I can make outgoing calls. Thanks guys! God bless! 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@hoeroLLa ,

Give this a shot: 

1) turn airplane mode on/off

2) reboot your phone

3) pull the sim card out and re-insert

4) reset network settings (not factory reset)

Typically a successful port request is completed in 5 min to 2 hours, so at 20 hours I think you will need the assistance of a moderator to get your account sorted out. 

In the meantime, your old Fido account must be kept active. Once the port is complete, your  Fido SIM will stop working and your old account will close automatically. 

OR drop a moderator a private message.

When they contact you, they may ask:

• PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@hoeroLLa wrote:

Hi, me and my wife recently transferred from Fido. We're both on the $15 monthly plan and we've successfuly paid for the current month with auto pay. However, whenever I try or anyone tries to call her number, it aays that it is unavailable at the moment. But if she's the one calling, there isnt any problem. Please help. Thank you. 

Did you port your FIDO number over?  As this sounds like a stuck port.  If you did port a number and it is over two hours ago I would contact the moderators to create a trouble ticket.  You can do that by clicking on the "?" in the bottom right hand of the screen and following the prompts of SIMon

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.