cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can make outgoing calls but Can't receive call and SMS

RedRing
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new to Public mobile. I  activated yesterday and chose  a new number. I can make outgoing calls and send text messages but don’t receive any incoming call or text. 

Very strange. When I call my new number from another phone, following message appears: 

Number changed by SIM. xxxxxxxxxxxx

And the call goes to a voice mail of another person.

Need help, urgently.

Many thanks in advance.    

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

12 REPLIES 12

@RedRing  glad to hear all had been resolved. Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂 Stay safe!

RedRing

I did submit a ticket and got prompt reply from moderator. It was found out after quick investigation that my assigned number was already in us.  So I had to get a new number to continue service. 

Thank you all for your help.

aliasghar123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try creating a ticket, the staff can probably help.

@RedRing  keep us posted!

RedRing

Never thought of that, I might be given a number in use.

I kinda liked the number that I got, but will try to get a new number as mentioned. Thanks for all your help 

@gblackma  you tagged me silly 🤣🤣

@RedRing it looks like you may have been given a number already in use. Log into your self service account and choose a new number. You can do this once per 30 day cycle. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

20200723_093448.jpg

RedRing

Thanks for the advice. I was lost  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If it's a brand new number and not ported. 

Also if you don't really have any ties to that number. You can log into your account and click "change phone number".

You'll get anew number again. It might resolve your issue quicker than contacting moderators.

Orange arrow on picture below.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

If you used a referral code when activating your $10 signup bonus will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂 hopefully your issue is resolved shortly. Stay safe!

RedRing

Thanks RossN for the reply. Will do as advised. 

Need it urgent, service of my other phone will end tomorrow.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

First and very important. Click the 3 dots on right side of your post. There is an option to edit the post.

Please delete your personal information as this is a public forum and everyone can see it.If it's your number or not. Thanks

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@RedRing contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator      check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

@RedRing wrote:

I am new to Public mobile. I  activated yesterday and chose  a new number. I can make outgoing calls and send text messages but don’t receive any incoming call or text. 

Very strange. When I call my new number from another phone, following message appears: 

Number changed by SIM. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

And the call goes to a voice mail of another person.

Need help, urgently.

Many thanks in advance.    

Need Help? Let's chat.