cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can make not receive calls

Brozon57
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up yesterday and have tried everything to fix it in this community.

I can make calls but not receive them. 

I also cannot send or receive text. I've sent a message to moderator with no response.

@CS_Agent

10 REPLIES 10

Brozon57

Was a new comer and port didn't open for me for awhile.  I just recently realized I should let ya all know it's been working now for awhile.  Thanks for helping.  Not sure if I'm doing things right on here but giving it a go.  

What solved the problem?  

Phone issue or port stuck.

Brozon57

All is working well now.  Thanks to all who spent time replying and helping out. 

@Brozon57

It is quite common for a stuck port that you can phone out, but not receive anything.  Just use your old SIM card/service if it is still active and wait for moderator.  Unfortunatley, about 2-3 day wait though....   Maybe try your new service every few hours to see whether it suddenly starts working....   Sometimes, the port just goes through....  

Brozon57

But I can make calls. That's what doesn't make sense.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's pretty normal for a ported number. Cellular ports usually take a few hours (6 or so on average) and landlines can take a few business days (2 or so on average). Usually it is due to the former company dragging its heels on releasing your number, possibly wanting to win you back with some special offer when you call in about the port, or because they don't have it automated and it is waiting on a person to say okay to it (which likely won't happen on a non-business day or after hours).

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @Brozon57

I believe when you open the private message it will automatically change the status to being read. As for replying there should be a button on the bottom left which will let you click reply beside the delete button.

However it may display differently on different browsers. 

I am using Chrome.

What browser are you using?

Brozon57

How do I Mark your pm as read? How do I reply to it?

Brozon57

Ported

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Brozon57 wrote:

I signed up yesterday and have tried everything to fix it in this community.

I can make calls but not receive them. 

I also cannot send or receive text. I've sent a message to moderator with no response.

@CS_Agent

@Brozon57Was it a new phone number or did you port in your number from another service?

If you just ported in, try sticking in your old sim card and use that till it stops working / the moderator team gets back to you. If it is a partially completed port the call is probably still being sent to your old service which is attached to your old sim card.

Since you "tried everything in the community" there is nothing anyone here can do. You will just have to wait for the moderators. 

Moderator response times are appalling. I contacted them 5 (FIVE) days ago and have still not heard a response.

Need Help? Let's chat.