cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can keep phone number if transfer to PM from Koodo?

johnnyzhou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

pre-paid number of Koodo now, thinking of transfering to PM.

1.Possible to keep the phone number?

2. New SIM needed, if yes where to get it?

thanks.

John

5 REPLIES 5

You can order a SIM mailed directly to your door via Canada Post - but there might be a work stoppage on Monday, so probably better to find a local retailer as suggested above.

@Anonymous wrote:

@johnnyzhou wrote:

many thanks.

all can be done online as self-service after I got the SIM? or, I need to go over counter?

It is suggested to sign-up with Public Mobile (PM) all online first and get a number. You could if you like use a store like Walmart to activate. Then when satisfied that it's all working then to port over the Koodo number. That part needs PM moderator assistance. The Koodo service needs to be active.

The MODs assistance is required with porting from Koodo Prepaid for some technical reason with Koodo and PM. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnnyzhou wrote:

many thanks.

all can be done online as self-service after I got the SIM? or, I need to go over counter?

It is suggested to sign-up with Public Mobile (PM) all online first and get a number. You could if you like use a store like Walmart to activate. Then when satisfied that it's all working then to port over the Koodo number. That part needs PM moderator assistance. The Koodo service needs to be active.

johnnyzhou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

many thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnnyzhou wrote:

pre-paid number of Koodo now, thinking of transfering to PM.

1.Possible to keep the phone number?

2. New SIM needed, if yes where to get it?

thanks.

John

1. Yes. You will need mod assistance here though.

2. Yes. Walmart, London Drugs, Wow Mobile, K Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Loblaws/Superstore), some Koodo outlets and Public Mobile mail order.

Need Help? Let's chat.