cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use my old PM sim to activate a new account?

SilTal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I used to have an account with PM was moved as part of the kodoo migration. Now I am looking to move back to PM. Will i be able to use the old sim?

Thank you,

6 REPLIES 6

SilTal

Hi AE_Collector,

I tried to activate using the old sim and it wouldnt let me continue. I figured asking the awesome users here for confirmation and it seems a new sim is the way to go.

Regards,

@Triguy wrote:

You would need a new sim as your old sim's phone# would have been linked to it.

Quite possibly it is still the same phone number coming back to PM as the one that left to Koodo. I don't know what all the ins and outs of SIMs are but my money would be on you needing a new SIM. If it is the same phone number, when you see the new customer deal that you want to jump on, pick up a new SIM to do the swap yourself but try your old SIM first. If it works you have a new unused SIM to give to someone you refer to PM. 

AE_Collector

SilTal

Figured as much. Thank you for the replies

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@SilTal wrote:

Hi everyone,

I used to have an account with PM was moved as part of the kodoo migration. Now I am looking to move back to PM. Will i be able to use the old sim?

Thank you,

No, you will need to purchase and activate a new sim to comeback to PM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need a new sim as your old sim's phone# would have been linked to it.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Sorry no

You will need a new one

If you are planning to move come back often, we now have frequent deals in time for holidays. There is often free sim if activated in store, sometimes even online. They have 2nd month free, or 6 months reduces, or extra data.

Also don't forget to use your referral as you get extra account credit

Cheers

And welcome back:)

Need Help? Let's chat.