cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can call outbound, but can’t receive calls

Ffin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

24 hours ago, I activated my SIM, porting my precious number from NetTalk.

I can send/receive SMS texts, the data plan works, I can make outbound calls.  BUT, when people call my number, my iPhone won’t ring, and the caller gets a mechanical message that simply reads out my Public Mobile cell number.

What is going on?

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bbholdings wrote:

there  is no support  here

@bbholdings that is incorrect.  Have you sent a private message to the moderator team for assistance?  That is how you get support from Public Mobile.  Please see here for the procedure:  How to Get Help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,port requestaccount, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Regards

bbholdings

Have the same problem for a month  could not text that's why I'm afraid to renew there  is no support  here

@Ffin Someone else answering your VOIP number is not a good sign. Try calling that number from another phone. If Joey answers again talk to him about how he got your number. It suggests your old provider actually assigned your number to someone else and you should contact the moderators immediately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Ffin

Yep, I have prepaid with Public Mobile for the month, and I’m prepaid for the year with NetTalk (6 months to go).

Funny thing is, when I call my own number from my Public Mobile cell, some guy called Joey answers.  Just plain weird.

I’ll wait a few days for the port to complete.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@akrit wrote:

Wow. This is different. 

First check whether you have enough credit/ money in your account to receive calls.

Then if you have then have you tried calling yourself or only tried texting? If you can not call yourself then you definitely do not have enough money in your sim.

If you can call yourself too then there is only one possibility of you blocking incoming calls or have blocked those particular contacts. Otherwise, I think it is not possible if you could call but not receive them unless while they are calling they did not had tower.

Let me know if this helps.

Calling out but not being able to receive is a common porting in progress issue. It isn't typically a payment issue or a blocked number issue. The VOIP folks have the fun for up to a week, mobile to mobile is up to half a day and Landline to Mobile is up to 3 business day typically. The reason why the incoming calls are not making the phone ring is because the port has not completed. They are still going to the old SIM. If you have a dual SIM phone putting the old sim in one slot and the PM sim in the other helps mitigate this issue.

akrit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow. This is different. 

First check whether you have enough credit/ money in your account to receive calls.

Then if you have then have you tried calling yourself or only tried texting? If you can not call yourself then you definitely do not have enough money in your sim.

If you can call yourself too then there is only one possibility of you blocking incoming calls or have blocked those particular contacts. Otherwise, I think it is not possible if you could call but not receive them unless while they are calling they did not had tower.

Let me know if this helps.

Ffin

Many thanks!

interesting, though, that the SMS function works!

bimala

I had a reverse issue. In my case, I had to go into 1. network setting and 2. network reset and after that3. cellulor network setting and check from there if you have your network active and applied the "recommeded" network setting. No harm in trying.   

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ffin, number ports from non wireless sources can take some time. In some cases up to a week.  Are you able to check the status of your nettalk account to see if it's still alive.  Usually porting closes the sending account. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ffin I suspect that your port has not yet completed.  Porting from VoIP providers (such as netTALK) takes much longer than porting from another mobile provider.  It can take several days, even as much as a week.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.