cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can call out but can’t receive calls.

Mawhinem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number in from Bell, I can call out but cannot receive calls. 

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mawhinem wrote:

How do I get ahold of the moderators to get this fixed?

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

@Mawhinem, the post by @RobertQc has a link to contact the Moderators (the first response to your question).

Mawhinem

How do I get ahold of the moderators to get this fixed?

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @Mawhinem

Sorry to hear about your frustrations.

Like @will13am metnioned the most likely culprit is a stuck port. One of the numbers we trasnferred also had the same problem and I only detected it a few days later when trying to fetch an incoming call.

If you contact the Moderator team via private message with your PIN and details about your situation, they should be able to fix you up relatively quickly once they get around to your case.

Apparently some of the wait times to get a reply from the moderators has been longer than usual with all the promotions going on. Lately it's been up to 48 hours, but it could be a little more than that now.

Hope you get your issue resolved soon.

@Mawhinem wrote:

Mine and my wife are doing the same. It has been over 24hrs now. It was a cell number that was ported. 

You have a stuck port.  Contact the moderator team and have them resubmit the port as already suggested.

Mawhinem

Mine and my wife are doing the same. It has been over 24hrs now. It was a cell number that was ported. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Mawhinem wrote:

I ported my number in from Bell, I can call out but cannot receive calls. 

@MawhinemIf you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time. Your old sim card with bell should still be receiving calls, you can put your old bell sim in your phone until it stops working.

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along if its been more than 24 hours (48 hours for landline).  Click this to send them a message

Need Help? Let's chat.