cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can anyone share LTE speed in b.c

20 days is good.  From the selfserve you can only reactivate on the plan it was on at the time of suspension. 

If you want to reactivate on a different plan, you have to send a private message to @Mary_M with your choices.  You can, however, edit the Payment section in the selfserve while the account is suspended to enter your card details and then instruct the mod to charge the registered card to make things more efficient.  

Mayor / Maire

@imm1304 wrote:

20 days is good.  From the selfserve you can only reactivate on the plan it was on at the time of suspension. 

If you want to reactivate on a different plan, you have to send a private message to @Mary_M with your choices.  You can, however, edit the Payment section in the selfserve while the account is suspended to enter your card details and then instruct the mod to charge the registered card to make things more efficient.  

Not sure if you have ported your number to your new provider? @Harvir_K

My understanding is that in that case the SIM card becomes unusable.

Good luck!

Mayor / Maire

@wetcoaster bring up an important point, @Harvir_K!

If you ported out of PM, then the account got deactivated permanently.  The sim card is useless in this case and you will have to order a new one.  

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm in New West near the Justice Institute. I did a speed test yesterday and got 69 down, 10.31 up.

Speeds and coverage have been good everywhere I've used it in New West which isn't a surprise since PM uses Telus' network.

Hope that helps.
Oracle

@Harvir_K, I see you are coming back to PM I hope that you have found that the data amounts are ok I know before you were saying it wasn't enough and that is why you switched away that and the last promo wasn't as good as you thought it would be.  I am in Victoria and my speeds are nothing to brag about  I am only getting 15-20 download and 8-9 upload.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes I had moved my number too new provider. The 4gb for 1 month is enough for me but I will switch after 1 month. Because i have $100 credits in freedom mobile. Smiley Sad

Mayor / Maire

I can do some testing at or near the New West or Columbia skytrain stations on my way home or way to work if that helps.  I take the train through there most weekdays.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

As @imm1304 mentioned, Public Mobile recently fixed the throttling bug. The speed has been improved alot since then. I am not in the New West but somewhere near there and i got this speed at home. I am sure you won't have to worry about the coverage as long as your phone is fully compatible with Telus network. 

@ShawnC13 Is that speed you got after they fixed the throttling bug? It should be more than that unless you aren't connecting to LTE bands. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Wow that is much faster. I'm probably going to wait for a month since i have $100 credit with freedom mobile Smiley Sad

Wow that is much faster. I'm probably going to wait for a month since i have $100 credit with freedom mobile